I have struggled with bloating all my life, and have officially been diagnosed with IBS.
I have tried so many different remedies for bloating, and none of them were as successful as this smoothie for bloating.
It took me weeks to develop this smoothie that not only tastes good but also truly helps with beating the bloat.Print
- 3–4 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 small avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1 cup frozen berries (I used 50/50 blueberries and strawberries)
- 1/2 tsp of matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Using a nutribullet or a blender, add the frozen berries to it first, followed by the other listed ingredients.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness, thickness, etc if needed.
- Serve and drink up!
Drink this smoothie as soon as it’s blended for the best taste.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Calories: 312.4
- Sugar: 19.4
- Fat: 7.7
- Carbohydrates: 29.3
- Fiber: 7.7
- Protein: 2.2
Are All Smoothies Good For Bloating?
Certain smoothies can help you beat the bloat. Not all smoothies are made equal though and are good for bloating. Especially most store-bought smoothies.
You must use the right ingredients in your smoothie.
Furthermore, you will need to identify what types of foods tend to cause bloating.
For instance, some people get bloated from dairy, gluten, and high-fiber food.
Once you have identified your triggers, use ingredients that your body doesn’t get triggered by.
Even some smoothies can cause bloating, so make sure you pick your ingredients well!
Smoothie Ingredients To Get Rid Of Belly Bloat:
I did lots of research and of course, tested a lot of foods myself to see their effect.
And concluded that certain foods can help you battle the bloat.
But, do note that we are all different. The foods that help me with bloating, could be triggering to you.
Always test and see how your body reacts.
Here’s the list of foods I identified and used in my smoothies for bloating:
- Cucumber: – According to Healthline – cucumber is very effective against bloating for many different reasons.
- Yogurt: Yogurt, especially unsweetened and unflavored yogurt feeds your gut bacteria, which can in return reduce the bloat (Note – use dairy-free yogurt if dairy triggers your bloat).
- Avocado: Avocado is rich in potassium and other minerals which help prevent water retention within your body (a common trigger for bloating).
- Matcha Green Tea: Green tea has many benefits, but one of those is keeping your digestive system healthy which can result in less bloating.
- Coconut Water: Hydration is a must when it comes to beating the bloat, coconut water is the perfect way to hydrate your body, the same goes for cucumber.
My Top 5 Tips To Avoid Getting Bloated
I have had a long battle with bloating, and I have had to test a lot of different ingredients, and eating styles.
There were things that worked for me, so these 5 tips are:
- Identify your food triggers: This is so important. Because our bodies work differently, what triggers me could not trigger your bloating.
- Cut down on sugar and alcohol: When I cut down on alcohol and sugar, and by sugar I mean processed white sugar and desserts, not fruit. I quickly noticed an improvement.
- Eat smaller portions frequently: I cut my portion size by half but started snacking more throughout the day. When we eat a bit meal, the stomach naturally bloats.
- Drink lots of water: I know this is something you probably hear all the time, but drinking water is so important, and it helps numerous bodily functions.
- Eat as healthily as possible: While it’s difficult to eat healthy all the time, putting some effort and ensuring that at least you are making better food choices should positively impact your health as a whole!
Popular Questions And Their Answers Regarding The Smoothie
So many people in my smoothie community on Instagram have bloating issues.
When I shared this bloat detox drink recipe, I received a lot of questions regarding the smoothie.
Some popular questions included:
When Is The Best Time To Drink This Bloating Soothing Smoothie?
I personally consumed this smoothie for breakfast as a meal replacement, and this timing worked well for me. However, we are all different, so feel free to test consuming the smoothie at different times of the day and find out what time works best for you.
Does The Smoothie Help With Belly Fat Loss?
I have not personally seen such results from this smoothie. It helped my bloating, but it didn't help me burn belly fat.
Can I Make This Smoothie In Advance?
Yes, you can blend the smoothie the night before, and refrigerate it. Shake it well before consuming. Ensure you consume the smoothie within 2 days.
I hope you find the answers helpful too! If you have any other questions at all, do not hesitate to contact me!