Smoothie when you have diarrhea, a recipe that would come to the rescue when you are having, well, bathroom issues.
Often, you would think that the last thing you need to consume is a smoothie when you have diarrhea, which is partially true. However, smoothies can be a form of medicine if done accordingly to your current need.
Smoothies can be effective in battling your diarrhea.
But, What Kind Of Smoothie Is Good For Diarrhea?
A smoothie with the right ingredients. When you have diarrhea, your body is dehydrated, so the first thing you will need to do is inject hydration. Smoothies are a delicious and nutritious way to do that.
However, smoothies typically contain fiber, other goodness that does the opposite effect, well, makes you poop.
But, if you combine the right ingredients and cut down the fiber, the smoothie can be a diarrhea remedy.
Are Smoothies Good After Diarrhea?
If you combine the right ingredients, then yes, they can be good after you have diarrhea.
Here’s what your body needs when you have diarrhea:
- Hydration – in our case, we used apple juice (which is known to help with diarrhea)
- Probiotics – When you have diarrhea, you tend to flush out important gut bacteria, so you will need to restore these. We used good quality yogurt with all the good bacteria.
- Firm Up Your Stools – We used an unripe banana, it contains pectin which will absorb the liquid in the intestines and help your stools become firmer.
How To Make A Smoothie To Help Settle An Upset Stomach:
You will need:
- Apple Juice
- Good Quality Plain Yogurt
- Unripe Banana
- Nutmeg (optional)
Everything is blended until completely smooth.
That’s it! The recipe is super simple.
More Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this Smoothie When You Have Diarrhea recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Smoothie When You Have Diarrhea
- 1 Blender
- 1 large unripe banana
- 2 tbsp of plain yogurt
- 1 cup/250ml apple juice
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg optional
- Combine all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.