Today I have a detox weight loss smoothie with apple and spinach that will not only refresh you – but will also nourish your body and provide you with a boost of nutrients!
For recipe tips, benefits of the smoothie and more, scroll past the recipe to learn more!Print
- 1 small green apple (cored and diced)
- 1 handful of spinach (washed)
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices (or 1 medium-sized fresh banana)
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of coconut water or dairy-free milk
- Measure your ingredients.
- Dice and core the apple. Leave the skin on.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen banana slices first.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes, until completely smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
The smoothie is best consumed immediately, however, you can prepare it ahead of time, just make sure you keep it refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 2.2g
Keywords: apple and spinach smoothie, dairy free apple smoothie, detox green smoothie, healthy smoothies, vegan smoothies, weight loss green smoothie
What Are The Benefits Of Spinach And Apple Smoothie?
This apple banana spinach smoothie contains many benefits. The smoothie is made from purely natural ingredients.
It contains no added sugars, and the sweetness is purely from the fruit.
But, here’s a quick overview of the health benefits of this smoothie with apple and spinach:
- Rich in Nutrients: This smoothie contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients like potassium, calcium, and Vitamin C.
- Antioxidant Boost: Both the green apple and spinach are rich in antioxidants, which help to combat free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Digestive Aid: Ginger was used in this apple and spinach shake. Ginger is well-known for its ability to soothe the digestive system. Furthermore, the smoothie contains a high amount of fiber and other properties that aid digestive and colon health.
- Low in Calories But Filling: This green detox weight loss drink is mostly made up of low-calorie ingredients, making it a good choice for weight loss. Furthermore, the ginger used in the beverage helps boost the metabolism which aids weight loss even more.
- Heart Health: Spinach contains folate and other nutrients beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Ginger and spinach both have anti-inflammatory effects, potentially offering relief from inflammatory conditions.
- Immunity Boost: Rich in vitamin C and other immunity-boosting nutrients, this green weight loss spinach smoothie is great for boosting your immunity.
- Potassium Boost: Both banana and coconut water used in the smoothie are good sources of potassium, which is essential for heart and muscle function.
And many more benefits!
Spinach And Apple Smoothie For Weight Loss Recipe Variations
There are many variations of this green apple smoothie recipe. Just because I have used a set of ingredients, doesn’t mean that they will work for everyone.
This is why I have left some recipe variations and ingredient substitutions for you here, so you can pick the best ingredients that suit your tastes and needs.
- You can use any type of apple you like. I like using green apples, but this is totally up to you!
- Instead of spinach, you can use kale or swiss chard, any leafy green that you have at home or like more is totally fine.
- I used coconut water as the liquid smoothie base, but you can also use dairy-free milk, such as oat milk which will work well too!
- You can also add green superfood powder for more powerful benefits. But this is optional.
- If you don’t like bananas, replacing the banana with pineapple is a great substitute. Pineapple works very well with spinach apples.
Popular Questions From The Green Smoothie Community
Whenever I develop a smoothie recipe, I always make sure to share it first with my community on social media.
I got several questions on my Instagram from the community, which I think are useful for whoever new is reading this recipe.
I will leave some of the most popular questions below with their answers:
When Should I Drink Apple And Spinach Smoothie For Weight Loss?
The best time to drink this smoothie is for breakfast, as a meal replacement. It's a low calorie meal replacement, and it's full of nutrients for a healthier and slimmer you!
How Many Apple And Spinach Smoothies Should I Drink a Day?
One a day is typically more than enough, however, some days I like to to drink 2. It really depends on your schedule and general lifestyle. 2 a day is the maximum I would say.
Can I Meal Prep This Smoothie?
Yes, there are several ways you can meal prep this smoothie; blended or simply prepare the ingredients ready to be added to a blender for blending. The most time-saving method is to simply blend a big batch of this smoothie and transfer serving to your portable smoothie bottles and refrigerate them.