Today I have a detox smoothie with apple and spinach that will not only refresh you – but will also nourish your body and provide you with a boost of health!
If you are looking for a green smoothie recipe that is healthy, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly, this recipe is for you.
Also, if you are looking to lose some weight, this spinach banana apple smoothie for weight loss is very effective, especially if combined with an overall reduced calorie intake for the day and plenty of exercise!
What Are The Benefits Of Spinach And Apple Smoothie?
This apple banana spinach smoothie contains many benefits. The smoothie is made from purely natural ingredients. It contains no added sugars, and the sweetness is purely from the fruit.
But, here’s a quick overview of the health benefits of this smoothie with apple and spinach:
- Rich in Nutrients: This smoothie combines a wide array of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients like potassium, calcium, and Vitamin C.
- Antioxidant Boost: Both the green apple and spinach are rich in antioxidants, which help to combat free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Digestive Aid: Ginger was used in this apple and spinach shake. Ginger is well-known for its ability to soothe the digestive system. Furthermore, the smoothie contains a high amount of fiber and other properties that aid digestive and colon health.
- Low in Calories But Filling: The drink is mostly made up of low-calorie ingredients, making it a good choice for weight loss. Furthermore, the ginger used in the beverage helps boost the metabolism which aids weight loss even more.
- Heart Health: Spinach contains folate and other nutrients beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Ginger and spinach both have anti-inflammatory effects, potentially offering relief from inflammatory conditions.
- Immunity Boost: Rich in vitamin C and other immunity-boosting nutrients, this green spinach smoothie is great for boosting your immunity.
- Potassium Boost: Both banana and coconut water used in the smoothie are good sources of potassium, which is essential for heart and muscle function.
And many more benefits!
Spinach And Apple Smoothie For Weight Loss Recipe Variations
There are many variations of this spinach apple smoothie recipe. Just because I have used a set of ingredients, doesn’t mean that they will work for everyone.
This is why I have left some recipe variations and ingredient substitutions for you here, so you can pick the best ingredients that suit your tastes and needs.
- You can use any type of apple you like. I like using green apples, but this is totally up to you!
- Instead of spinach, you can use kale or swiss chard, any leafy green that you have at home or like more is totally fine.
- I used coconut water as the liquid smoothie base, but you can also use dairy-free milk, such as oat milk which will work well too!
- You can also add green superfood powder for more powerful benefits. But this is optional.
- If you don’t like bananas, replacing the banana with pineapple is a great substitute. Pineapple works very well with spinach apples.
How To Make Spinach Apple Banana Smoothie
There are so many good things about this green smoothie. It not only contains so many health benefits, it’s also really easy to make too.
To make this smoothie, you will need these ingredients:
- Green Apple
- Freshly Minced Ginger
- Coconut Water
Once you have gathered your ingredients and measured them carefully, add all of them to a blender. Add the leafy greens and apples first, since they are harder to break down.
Next, blend until smooth; for about 4-5 minutes.
This green smoothie is perfect with some ice or just on its own. Enjoy!
Smoothie With Apple And Spinach
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 small green apple cored and diced
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1/2 cup/ 75g frozen banana slices or 1 medium sized fresh banana
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup/125ml of coconut water or dairy free milk
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!