This smoothie with prunes is tasty and unique drink that offers numerous benefits!
Make this prune smoothie for breakfast today for constipation relieve and a boost of vitamins and minerals.
Prune Smoothie Benefits
This banana and prune smoothie offers many benefits, but it’s particularly effective against constipation!
But, aiding constipation isn’t the only thing this prune smoothie has to offer.
Here are some more benefits of drinking this prune shake:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: The smoothie is high in iron, vitamin K, and other essential nutrients.
- High in Fiber: Prunes and bananas provide a good amount of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion.
- Potassium Boost: Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, beneficial for heart health.
- Gut Health: Spinach provides a source of insoluble fiber which can help in promoting a healthy gut. The prunes can help flush out your colon of toxins.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Both spinach and prunes are good sources of antioxidants, which combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: The various vitamins and antioxidants can help in reducing inflammation.
- May Aid Weight Loss: If you are trying to lose weight, this smoothie is relatively low in calories but rich in nutrients and it helps you feel full thanks to the fier.
How To Make Prune Smoothie For Constipation
Prune juice is notorious for its benefits, which is why I soaked the prunes first to make my own healthy prune juice.
After that I blended the prune juice with the prune fruit and a couple of more ingredients.
To make this prune smoothie recipe for constipation You will need:
4 Ingredients are all you need! Soak the prunes in warm water for 20 minutes. This will allow for the water to naturally cool down as you soak the prunes.
Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz! The blending shouldn’t take longer than 2-4 minutes.
Drink this smoothies with prunes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for best results!
Variations & Substitutions Of This Drink
There are many ways this prune smoothie with spinach can be made. You can use different leafy greens, replace the banana for another fruit. Plenty of alternatives.
I have listed some options for you below:
- If you dislike bananas or don’t have have at home for whatever reason, use frozen mango or pineapple instead.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, you can use fresh banana or mango and pineapple.
- The spinach can be replaced for kale or other greens.
- For a more flavourful drink, instead of soaking the prunes in plain water, you can soak them in warm milk.
- You can add more ingredients to the smoothie, such as chia seeds, nut butter and oats. The amount should be no more than a tablespoon.
More Gut Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
Smoothie With Prunes
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 4 pitted prunes Soaked in 1/2 cup/120ml of warm water
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup/120ml warm water
- Soak the prunes in 1/2 cup/125ml of warm water for 20 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender including the water and blitz until smooth.
- The blending should take about 2-4 minutes, depending on how your powerful your blender is.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can You Add Prunes To a Smoothie?
Of course, you can put prunes in smoothies, all you need to do is simply remove the pit in them, and if they are too hard, soak them in water for 5 minutes, then add them to your blender.
Which Is Better Eating Prunes Or Drinking Prune Juice?
It’s always much better to consume the whole fruit. Drinking prune juice is good, however, you can get more benefits out of prunes by consuming the whole thing. Alternatively, if you prefer drinking prune juice, soak prunes in hot water for a couple of hours until it cools, then pour the juice into a glass full of ice, and drink! This is not only a much healthier prune juice, but it can also relieve you from constipation.
What Happens If You Eat Prunes Every Day?
Prunes consumed moderately daily can be extremely beneficial to your digestive system. It will also help you become more ‘regular’ and prevent you from having constipation. However, be mindful of the consumption of prunes, 2-4 a day should be plenty!
Can I Eat Bananas And Prunes Together?
Prunes and bananas work very well together, especially in smoothies. However, both of these ingredients are high in sugar. So keep their consumption in moderation.