This is a really creamy and indulgent strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe, that is made in under 5 minutes and is here to satisfy.
The banana and strawberry combination is a well-known and popular combination. Bananas and strawberry smoothies are delicious.
However, when you add yogurt to this combo, you achieve an even creamier consistency which makes the smoothie so much more delicious.
Is Strawberry Banana Yogurt Good For You?
The combination of these 3 ingredients not only makes a delicious snack but also a healthy one too.
The smoothie is full of vitamins and minerals, alongside essential macronutrients.
Fruit lacks protein, although they are really good for you, they lack that vital nutrient. So, when you add yogurt to them, you add that crucial protein alongside gut benefits and calcium.
This is also a weight loss banana strawberry smoothie. Thanks to the protein content, it promotes satiety, which is great if you are trying to lose weight.
There are so many ways you can combine these 3 ingredients together, here are some examples:
- Blend Them In Smoothies
- Slice The Fruit And Add Them To Your Yogurt Bowl
- Cover The Fruit In Yogurt And Freeze It For a Delicious Healthy Frozen Snack
- Add Them To Your Granola
And many other ways!
Can I Have a Strawberry Banana Smoothie Every Day?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a strawberry and banana smoothie every day.
However, be careful what you add to your banana and strawberry smoothies. You don’t want too many calories or sugar. Keep the amount of ingredients you add to your smoothies to a minimum.
Moderation is key.
Bananas and strawberry smoothies have so many health benefits, and it’s a great way to get instant and easy nutrition in your body.
People are busy, which often results in grabbing quick unhealthy meals or snacks. With smoothies, you can prep them in under 5 minutes, and grab them on the go too.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Calories
Now, if you are someone who is careful with the number of calories you consume, or you simply want to know how many calories this yogurt banana strawberry smoothie has, then here is the macro breakdown:
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Of Which Sugars: 19.9g
- Fiber: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 6.1g
Now that we have broken down the homemade strawberry banana smoothie calories – what about the vitamins and minerals? Here they are:
- Vitamin C: Approximately 87 milligrams
- Vitamin A: Approximately 600 micrograms
- Vitamin K: Approximately 9 micrograms
- Vitamin E: Approximately 2 milligrams
- Vitamin B6: Approximately 0.5 milligrams
- Vitamin B12: Approximately 0.7 micrograms
- Calcium: Approximately 300 milligrams
- Potassium: Approximately 840 milligrams
- Magnesium: Approximately 80 milligrams
- Iron: Approximately 2.8 milligrams
How To Make a Frozen Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
You will need:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Greek Yogurt
- Oat Milk
- Chia Seeds
To make this delicious fruit blend – add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes.
This smoothie is ideal for breakfast, however, you can drink it any time of the day!
We hope you enjoy our healthy strawberry banana yogurt smoothie!
Some Recommended Substitutions:
We have some recommended substitutions for you, just in case you want something slightly different:
- If you are vegan, use vegan-friendly yogurt.
- If you don’t have chia seeds, use flaxseeds or oats.
- You can also use dairy milk instead of oat milk.
- For an even creamier and thicker smoothie, use frozen bananas.
- If you have frozen yogurt in the freezer, you can make a frozen yogurt smoothie if you use frozen yogurt instead of fresh.
We hope you like this creamy and easy strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt and milk. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 large banana peeled
- 1 cup/150g frozen strawberries
- 2 tsp Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 200 ml oat milk unsweetened
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!