If you love sweet potatoes, then you will absolutely love this delicious sweet potato weight loss smoothie. It’s thick, and packed with warming spices.
This sweet potato weight loss smoothie is thick, naturally sweetened and so good for you!
Is Sweet Potato Smoothie Good For Weight Loss?
Sweet potatoes are relatively low in calories, but they are quite filling, making them a perfect weight-loss food.
Added to smoothies, sweet potatoes can really enhance the flavour and thicken the smoothies.
Is Sweet Potato Good For Losing Belly Fat?
To lose belly fat, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Sweet potatoes are low in calories, but they can satiate you, which can contribute to the reduction of calories consumed for the day.
Technically, yes, sweet potatoes can help you lose belly fat. Include them as part of your weight loss diet, and you should see positive results.
Sweet Potato Smoothie Benefits
Apart from weight loss, sweet potato smoothies have many more health benefits:
- Weight Loss
- Boosted Metabolism
- Gut Health
- Battles Constipation
- Antioxidants – Protecting Your Body From Free Radicals
- Rich In Beta Carotene – For Eye Health & Boosted Immune System
- Source Of Protein For Muscle Health
- Rich In Vitamins & Minerals (e.g Vitamin A, C, B5, B6, E, Potassium & Manganese
And many more too!
How To Make Sweet Potato Smoothie No Banana
You will need:
- Cooked Sweet Potato
- Chia Seeds
- Greek Yogurt
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Nutmeg & Cinnamon
To make this sweet potato smoothie, add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
There are some substitutions you can make, in case you don’t have some of the ingredients listed:
- Use vegan yogurt instead of dairy yogurt
- Substitute the spinach for kale or other leafy greens
- For extra heat, substitute the nutmeg for dried ginger, or use both
- Use flaxseeds instead of chia seeds
More Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this delicious easy thick sweet potato weight-loss smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Sweet Potato Weight Loss Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes steamed/boiled
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 250 ml dairy free milk unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!