Today we present you The Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe you will ever try!
We rarely say ‘best’ to any recipe, but we couldn’t resist but label this one as “best”. Seriously, this recipe is super easy as well altogether. The dough doesn’t require any chilling, the dough isn’t sticky, it’s all very straightforward.
We used chocolate chunks to make this recipe – but feel free to use chocolate chips.
These cookies are everything you would expect in a perfect cookie; they are crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle and chewy.
How To Make Chocolate Chunk Cookies From Scratch:
The cookie dough is made from your standard cupboard ingredients: flour, raising agents, salt, sugar, butter, egg, chocolate. However, as with any successful baking recipe – correct measurements, and correct precise baking time plays a determining factor in making delicious cookies like these chocolate chunk cookies.
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Sugar – White Granulated & Light Brown
5. Baking Soda + Baking Powder
The butter is melted on the stove until it just turns light brown. It’s then left to cool.
The butter is then beaten with both types of sugar, then the egg is added and beaten with the butter and sugar until creamy.
The flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt are then sieved in, into the egg mix. Fold in gently, do not overmix.
The chocolate chunks are then folded into the dough.
70g/2.4oz balls are shaped from the cookie dough and placed on the baking sheet.
Once baked, they are cooled on the tray before moving.
You May Also Like:
1. Loaded Kit Kat Chunk Cookies
2. Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
3. Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
We hope you like this Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
The Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup/120g of butter melted
- 1/2 cup/120g cup/120 of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup/100g of light brown sugar
- 1 meduim sized egg
- 1 1/2 cups/225g of plain flour aka all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup/125g/4.5oz of chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 320F/160C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- The butter is melted on the stove until it just turns light brown. It's then left to cool for 10 minutes.
- The butter is then beaten with both types of sugar, then the egg is added and beaten with the butter and sugar until creamy.
- The flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt are then sieved in, into the egg mix. Fold in gently, do not overmix.
- The chocolate chunks are then folded into the dough.
- 70g/2.4oz balls are shaped from the cookie dough and placed on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes.
- Once baked, they are cooled on the tray before moving.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023