Thin cookie monster cookie recipe that’s a fun recipe to make with your kids.
Now, typically, cookie monster cookies would be quite thick, but we kept these thin and crispy because we wanted the crunch and the thinness of these cookies.
This monster cookie recipe without peanut butter doesn’t have anything that shouldn’t be there, the recipe is made using a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Then, food coloring is added to make the cookies green.
The monster cookies were then decorated with edible eyes and a big chunk of a smaller chocolate chip cookie. It’s playful, it’s fun, and it’s tasty. We had so much fun making these giant monster cookie recipe.
They are not gluten-free, unfortunately, but they are so thin, crispy, and a bit fudgy in the middle. So good and easy to make too!
The whole magic happens in 1 bowl, 1 baking sheet, and an oven. That’s all you need.
How To Make Cookie Monster Cookies Recipe
You will need:
4. Sugar – White & Brown
5. Bicarb + Baking Powder
6. Chocolate chips/chunks
7. Green or Blue food coloring
Once the cookie dough is made, it’s chilled in the fridge for 25 minutes.
Then 1.35oz/45g balls are shaped out of the cookie dough and placed pretty spaced out between each other and baked for 13 minutes for a gooey in the middle cookie or longer for a crispier cookie, depending on your preference.
Try Some Of Our Other Cookie Recipes:
1. Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies
2. Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
3. Easy Chocolate Spread Cookies
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like these epic think cookie monster cookie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Thin Cookie Monster Cookie Recipe
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- 2 pinches of baking powder
- 2 Pinchs of salt
- 1 cup/170g chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp green food coloring
- Beat the sugars and butter together until creamy in a bowl or using a kitchen aid.
- Add the egg, mix, then fold in the flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- Add the food coloring and mix gently, do not overmix.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough to 1.15oz/35.5g balls. Should make about 12-14. And place 4 each per baking sheet with plenty of space between them. Do not flatten them, they will flatten naturally when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes for gooey middle, or 15-16 minute for crispier cookies.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack and repeating the process with the rest of the cookies.
- Decorate the cookies to your desires.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temp.
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023