A Copycat Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe for you all today. We have been meaning to create a copycat recipe of Trader Joe’s Chocolatey Coated Chocolate Chip Dunkers. Why? Because we love them! We always big this big tub of them, and eat half of it in one sitting with some dunked in some coffee. There is something very dangerous about the hot-drink-cookie-combo. Once you start, it’s hard to stop.
Making trader joe’s crispy crunchy chocolate chip cookies recipe is quite simple. The thing is, this recipe is also ‘healthier’ and better in a way for you than Trader Joe’s cookies. We’ve used real butter here, and no preservatives or other nasty stuff. Trader joe’s chocolate chip cookies use highly processed inflammatory oils + and natural flavors which are bad for gut bacteria.
Anyway, I am not going to convince you that our cookies are much better for your health, because they, in themselves, are loaded with sugar…so here you go. But our motto is this; homemade is always best.
There is no rocket science to making these chocolate chip cookies. You need a big bowl, cookie sheets, and some time in your hand.
So, if you are looking for a recipe for trader joe’s chocolate chip cookies – this is for you!
How To Make Copycat Trader Joe’s Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
You will need:
1. Chocolate Chips
4. Sugar, White & Light Brown
5. Baking Soda
8. Vanilla Essence
The butter and sugars are beaten together until creamy. The egg and vanilla are then added and mixed.
Sieve in the flour, baking soda, and a touch of salt. Mix gently. Do not over-mix.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
Chill the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes (optional)
Shape into tiny cookies, and add them to the baking trays leaving plenty of space between them.
Bake for 9 minutes. Cool them on the baking tray.
Melt the chocolate. Dip 1 side of the cookies in the chocolate, and leave them upside down (facing the non-chocolate part) Let them set.
More Cookie Recipes:
1. Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
2. Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Cookies
3. Orange And Honey Shortbread
We hope you like this Copycat Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Copycat Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- cookie sheet
- 1/2 cup/115g of butter softened
- 1/2 cup/100g white sugar
- 3/4 cup/150g light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 2 cups/272g of plain flour
- 1/2 cup/85g chocolate chips semi sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinches baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- For The Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup/ 170g chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 375F/185C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- The butter and sugars are beaten together until creamy.
- The egg and vanilla are then added and mixed.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda, and a touch of salt. Mix gently. Do not over-mix.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Shape the dough into tiny cookies (20g, about 1 tsp), and add them to the baking trays leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Cool them on the baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate for the glaze.
- Dip 1 side of the cookies in the chocolate, and leave them upside down (facing down on the non-chocolate part) Let them set.