Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies – that are easy to make, fairly healthy, soft, chocolatey and so much more!
These delicious vegan hazelnut cookies are also gluten-free and do not require any refined sugars, flour, eggs, and butter.
They are sweetened with banana and a touch of maple syrup. You would be surprised how sweet these cookies are, even though they are sweetened with fruit and a little maple syrup.
We made flour from the hazelnuts. You might wonder how the heck we did that? – The method is so simple it will definitely surprise you; Literally, put hazelnuts into a blender, and blitz, after a minute it will all turn to a flour-like consistency. That’s it. You have hazelnut flour made in 1 minute!
We tend to over-use almond meal(flour) but we thought we could start making our own nut flours, and this time we went for hazelnuts. Because hazelnuts and chocolate work so well together.
We also recently bought a mini oven, powered it up, and baked these cookies using the mini-oven, and it worked great!
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies:
You will need:
To make these healthy 4-ingredient vegan cookies – you will need to make the hazelnut flour first, by blending hazelnuts in a blender.
The bananas are mashed, then the maple syrup is added and mixed. The rest of the ingredients are added, and the dough is mixed.
Shape the dough into round cookies (you will need to spoon the mixture since it will be a little bit wet)
Bake and let them cool on the tray so they can harden.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups/200g of hazelnuts
- 2 medium sized bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- You will need to make the hazelnut flour first, by blending the hazelnuts in a blender. After a minute you will be left with hazelnut flour
- The bananas are mashed, then the maple syrup is added and mixed. The rest of the ingredients are added, and the dough is mixed.
- Shape the dough into round cookies (you will need to spoon the mixture since it will be a little bit wet)
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 13 minutes
- Let them cool on the tray so they can harden once baked.
If you are feeling extra, you can fold in nuts, dried fruit into the dough as well if you like.