There is this massive, massive misconception that vegan food sucks. That is not the case. We just made an amazing vegan cookie recipe, that you will never be able to notice it’s vegan.
The cookies you are going to make today, are buttery, chewy, chocolatey, gooey, and crispy. Everything you want from a cookie!
Are Vegan Cookies Healthier Than Regular Cookies?
Vegan doesn’t automatically mean healthy. You can have healthy vegan food and unhealthy vegan food.
Just like you can have healthy non-vegan food and vice versa.
So, no, on average, vegan cookies aren’t healthier than regular cookies.
What Do You Use Instead of Egg In Vegan Baking?
If you are making vegan cookies for the first time, you are probably wondering how you substitute eggs.
It may sound strange to some, but you can make a vegan ‘egg’ using flaxseeds or chia seeds.
You see, when you mix water with these seeds, they start to resemble the egg consistency, water makes them expand and gel.
How To Make The Best Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
The cookie dough is made from your standard pantry ingredients: flour, raising agents, salt, sugar, butter, egg, and chocolate. Obviously, there 3 vegan-friendly substitutions we are making. We are using vegan butter, vegan chocolate chips and we are making our own vegan egg (Which is super easy).
Remember, as with any successful baking recipe – correct measurements, and correct precise baking time plays a very important role in achieving perfectly baked vegan cookies.
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Sugar – White Granulated & Light Brown
2. Vegan Butter
3. Vegan Egg (Flax Egg)
4. All Purpose Flour
5. Baking Soda + Baking Powder
6. Peanut Butter
The butter is melted on the stove until it just turns light brown. Mix the peanut butter. It’s then left to cool.
The butter is then beaten with both types of sugar, then the vegan egg is added and beaten with the butter and sugar until creamy.
The flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt are then sieved, into the egg mix. Fold in gently, do not overmix.
The chocolate chips are then folded into the dough.
70g/2.4oz balls are shaped from the cookie dough and placed on the baking sheet.
Once baked, they are cooled on the tray before moving.
You May Also Like:
1. Loaded Kit Kat Chunk Cookies
2. Easy Kipplens
3. Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
We hope you like this chewy vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup/76g of vegan butter melted
- 1/2 cup/120g of peanut butter Ideally runny unsweetened
- 1/2 cup/120g of white sugar
- 1/3 cup/75g of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups/225g of plain flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup/125g/4.5oz of chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 320F/160C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- The vegan butter is melted on the stove until it just turns light brown. Mix the peanut butter with the butter. Cool for 10 minutes.
- The butter is then beaten with both types of sugar, then the vegan flax egg is added and beaten with the butter and sugar until creamy.
- The flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt are then sieved in, into the butter and sugar mix. Fold in gently, do not overmix.
- The chocolate chips are then folded into the dough.
- 70g/2.4oz balls are shaped from the cookie dough and placed on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes.
- Once baked, they are cooled on the tray before moving.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss - March 29, 2023
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023