We all know that Vitamix is one of the best brands of blenders out there. Out of these the Vitamix 3600 is a great one. The Vitamix 3600 has been one of the best blenders, making our lives easier in the kitchen since the 60s.
This blender comes with epic horsepower which is able to rival a majority of modern blenders.
Its design is rather retro, which is not for everyone. However, if you are looking for a great blender, this one will certainly get the job done for you.
If you are on the fence about the Vitamix 3600 then do not worry, stick around and we will tell you all you need to know about it!
Is This A Suitable Blender For You?
This blender, the Vitamix 3600 has been in circulation since the 1960s. Back then it was a marvel of its age, it has stainless steel construction, and even a spout to help you pour your smoothie from its container, and directly into your smoothie cups.
However, technology for blenders has come a very long way since the 60s, and things have changed, so… Is it still relevant?
Well, the front interface is a bit dated. Considering that the new Vitamix 780 comes with a touchscreen feature that allows you to adjust speed settings with only your fingers.
However, the Vitamix 3600 is still sold as a refurbished piece. But, if you want something with more modern tech, then you will probably want to look elsewhere. For those who want a simple, affordable blender, then this blender could be ideal for you!
Who Is it For?
So, who is this blender for? What traits does it have and who do these traits benefit? Well, the Vitamix 3600 will benefit you if you require the following:
- If you need a blender that can make 72 oz of food in a single blending session.
- If you want a reliable blender that still packs a 2-horsepower motor despite its age.
- If you like having a steel container that won’t break, even should it get dropped.
Does this sound like you? Maybe the Vitamix 3600 is the blender for you.
View this post on Instagram
Who Should Avoid It
With that in mind, who should avoid buying this blender? Well, there are a few things that may be off-putting for some people, these include:
- If you do not need a variety of different recipes, you just want something for juices or smoothies.
- If you do not need a large container in which to hold a large amount of food. The Vitamix 3600 has a 72-oz container, which may be a bit oversized for some.
- If you are not a fan of vintage styles or the old-school vibe, this is probably not a good fit for you, as it is quite an old-school style.
Benefits & Downsides
Now that we know who it is for and not for, let’s consider what is good and not so good about it, for those who are still on the fence.
- It has a 72-oz container to feed a whole family.
- Fitted with 3-inch stainless-steel hammermill blades.
- Has a spigot that makes it easy to pour yourself a glass with ease.
- Stainless-steel construction which has allowed blenders such as these to be around for so long.
- Old-school knobs that still function.
- Vintage/ Old-school/ Dated design.
- All models you will find have been refurbished, so they are not brand-new blenders.
View this post on Instagram
Some of the most prominent, considered features of the Vitamix 3600 are the design and construction. Let’s consider these features for a moment.
- Blending Power: The Vitamix 3600 comes with a motor that is able of reaching 2 horsepower, which is an awesome speed for a blender this aged. It does a fantastic job of mashing up super tough ingredients, even frozen foods.
- Durability: It is quite impressive in itself that it has survived since the 60s, and that it is still in such high demand even now. We think that this factor alone speaks for itself. The only part of this unit that is made of plastic is the buttons, the rest is stainless steel!
- Noise: The refurbished blenders of this model tend to come with some improved and new parts, so, it is unlikely to be as loud as it once was, or as other old blenders. However, expect noise, it’s hardly like the Quiet One.
- Size: The 3600 is 10.5″ deep and 15″ tall, so it does take up a lot of counter space. Great if you need to fill kitchen space, but bad if you have a small kitchen.
What To Use The Vitamix 3600 For
You can use the Vitamix 3600 for many things, including:
- Hot Soups.
- Nut Butter.
It is very versatile which is why so many people love it!
Why It’s Good
Why are people still buying the Vitamix 3600?
–Those who like the Vitamix 3600 tend to like it due to its ability to pour a beverage straight into the glass due to the spigot.
–Those who like the Vitamix 3600 tend to like it due to its durability and ability to last a long time.
–Those who like the Vitamix 3600 tend to like it as it is fitted with sharp blades which can destroy tough ingredients.
Why It Could Be Better
Why do some people avoid the Vitamix 3600 today?
–Many people love the modern features of pre-set controls, however, the Vitamix 3600 does not have features like this.
–Modern blenders are easy enough to get replacement parts for, however, for the Vitamix 3600, a broken part means hunting down replacement parts that are much harder to find.
The Vitamix 3600 was built to last decades, and it did, even 60 years on it is still going strong. However, a blender that is 60 years old is not to everyone’s taste, and while it has had improvements, and refurbishment it is not going to be as good as more recent blenders.
It is up to you if you want to take on an older blender with a vintage style, or if you want a newer model. That is not to say it doesn’t do a good job, but sometimes older things are not always useful in a modern scene.
How Old Is A Vitamix 3600
The Vitamix 3600 is around 60 years old, dating back to the 1960s!
What Is The Difference Between Vitamix 3600 and 4000?
The 3600 and 4000 are the same blender. Although they have different styling and branding they are the same. There is little difference, bar a few minor updates.
What Is The Top Of Range Vitamix?
If you wanted a top-of-the-range Vitamix, you would want to choose the Ascent series. They are high-tech and very cool, some even having self-detect to detect the accessories you use!
- 11 Best Smoothie Bowl Toppings [With Recipe] - May 29, 2023
- Dates Smoothie For Weight Loss - May 29, 2023
- Is Premier Protein Good For You: Answered - May 28, 2023