When I made this weight loss chocolate smoothie for some of my friends they were a bit skeptical, since chocolate isn’t associated with weight loss.
You see, there is only 1 thing that makes you put on weight, and that’s how much you put in your mouth.
A low-calorie chocolate smoothie will benefit your weight loss journey, so why not have the chocolate and still lose weight?
You can have this smoothie any time of the day; breakfast, before lunch, after lunch, before dinner, after dinner, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure you have calories left for the day to indulge in this delicious smoothie.
Which Chocolate Is Good For Weight Loss?
When it comes to choosing the right chocolate that is good for weight loss, the type does matter.
Dark chocolate or cocoa/cacao powder is good for you and is quite filling making it the best chocolate for weight loss.
Milk chocolate isn’t good for weight loss, but it can still be used as part of a weight loss diet. But you will need to keep its consumption to a minimum.
A square of dark chocolate typically contains 55 calories, but it’s high in fat (the good fat) which will help you feel fuller for longer. So, next time you are on a diet, have some dark chocolate!
Benefits of Chocolate Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
This chocolate smoothie doesn’t just taste good and aids weight loss, it has many other benefits too.
Here’s a breakdown of the benefits you can expect to get from this cacao smoothie for weight loss:
- Healthy Fats: Almond butter, cacao, and chia seeds contain healthy fats, which are essential for brain health and hormone production.
- Rich in Nutrients: The ingredients used in the drink provide essential vitamins like Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Antioxidant Properties: Cacao powder is rich in antioxidants, which help fight free radicals in the body.
- Promotes Satiety & Weight Loss: The combination of fiber, healthy fats, and protein can help you feel full for longer, potentially aiding in weight loss.
- High in Fiber: Both the banana and chia seeds used in this chocolate shake offer a good amount of dietary fiber, which is good for digestion.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Smoothie For Fat Loss
I love making chocolate smoothies because they taste like dessert, but if done right, can also be so good for you and really curb cravings!
To make this cacao smoothie, you will need these ingredients:
This smoothie comes out thick and so tasty. If you like your smoothies sweeter, feel free to add a touch of maple syrup.
To make this smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve and enjoy!
My Recipe Variations To Suit Your Taste
I am going to leave some options for you below which can allow you to use alternative ingredients.
Having more options will not only open the door to creating a slightly different smoothie but also give you the chance to use ingredients you are likely to have at home.
- If you don’t like bananas, which many people don’t so I don’t blame you, you can use frozen mango slices instead.
- For a low fat smoothie, instead of almond butter, add a tablespoon of oats instead.
- If you are not vegan and have dairy milk to use, you can use dairy milk instead of almond milk. This will add more protein to your smoothie too.
- For a low sugar chocolate smoothie, if you like yogurt, you can use either vegan-friendly yogurt or unsweetened Greek yogurt instead of banana. The substitute is 1 cup of yogurt to replace the banana.
More Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes:
Weight Loss Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices or 1 large ripe fresh banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup/250ml of dairy free milk unsweetened - I used almond
- If you don't have frozen bananas, you can use a large ripe fresh banana, but the smoothie won't come out as thick.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!