Easy diabetic-friendly chocolate smoothie – that’s low carb, cravings curbing and so delicious and healthy!
This low carb chocolate smoothie is also dairy-free and vegan, and it’s done in under 5 minutes.
I have been trying to create recipes suitable for every diet. Just because you are diabetic, doesn’t mean you can’t drink smoothies.
Same for vegans, and low-carb diets. I have recipes for every diet.
Even if you are not diabetic, you can of course enjoy this recipe. Sometimes you simply want something healthier and low sugar, and this low sugar chocolate smoothie hits the spot!
I used raw cacao powder and homemade dairy-free milk, but you can substitute these for cocoa powder and any dairy-free milk you like.
Low Carb Chocolate Smoothie Benefits
Even though this smoothie contains chocolate, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have benefits or is unhealthy.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect to get from drinking this cacao smoothie:
- Heart Health: The healthy fats and potassium present in this diabetic drink can contribute to maintaining a healthy heart.
- Mental Wellbeing: The magnesium in cacao is known for its mood-enhancing potential and stress-reducing properties.
- Weight Management: The fiber and healthy fats can help in promoting satiety, potentially aiding in weight management.
- Provides Stable Energy: Because the beverage contains no added sugar, and it’s low in natural sugars too, it provides steady energy without causing any crashes.
- Contains Essential Nutrients: The smoothie is rich in many minerals and vitamins which contribute to overall health.
How to Make Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie:
You will need:
2. Raw Cacao Powder
3. Frozen Banana
4. Dairy-Free Milk
It’s important that you freeze the banana & avocado beforehand, it really makes a huge difference using a frozen banana & avocado. Makes everything a lot more refreshing, thick, and delicious.
Once you have got the frozen banana chunks & avocado, all the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed to smooth perfection!
If you don’t like bananas, feel free to substitute them for another fruit, or liquid sweetener, like maple syrup, or even stevia.
We only used half a banana for the smoothie, so it’s not overly sweet, feel free to up the amount of banana or sweetener you use to suit your preference.
More Low Carb Smoothie Recipes:
I hope you like this diabetic-friendly chocolate smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop me a comment below.I am here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out my socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 frozen avocado previously peeled and slices freezed
- 1/2 frozen banana previously peeled cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 cup/220ml of dairy free milk unsweetened
- Once you have got the frozen banana chunks & avocado, all the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed to smooth perfection!
- Serve and enjoy!