Today I am sharing my double pea smoothie with you! Since I love experimenting and making different flavoured smoothies, today I tried something different.
If you are like me and have an adventures palate, I think you will absolutely love this pea smoothie recipe!
Are Peas Good For Smoothies?
Peas are really good in smoothies and offer an abundance of benefits too.
Adding frozen peas to your smoothies can help thicken your smoothies, provide with tons of nutrients, such as fiber and protein and much more!
Peas also have natural sweetness, but are relatively low in sugar, so they can be great if you want to make low sugar smoothies.
Benefits Of Pea Smoothie
The pea smoothie recipe I am sharing with you today contains an abundance of benefits.
This pea shake is also double pea, because I used frozen peas and pea protein too!
Here are the benefits of this pea protein smoothie:
- Supports muscle repair and growth thanks to the high protein content.
- Can help with fat loss, since the smoothie is very filling thanks to the protein and fiber.
- Promotes healthy digestion.
- Good for heart health.
- Strengthens bones.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Provides quick, natural energy.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals.
- It’s vegan friendly.
- It’s easy to make and very tasty!
How Much Pea Protein To Use In Smoothie?
Since I used pea protein to make this pea shake, it’s important to know the exact amount you should be adding.
There is such things as overconsuming too much protein. According to Healthline, overconsumption of protein can lead to digestive issues and kidney health issues too.
Which is why you should be careful with protein powders especially, since they are high in protein.
Since there are many different types of pea protein powders, it’s always best to read the nutritional values and recommendations on the package.
Follow the serving recommendations there. However, a general rule of thumb is to use 1 scoop of pea protein per a smoothie serving.
How To Make Pea Protein Green Smoothie
This smoothie is really easy to make.
You will need the following ingredients to make this smoothie:
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Banana
- Pea Protein Powder
- Almond Milk
Prepare your ingredients and add them to a blender starting with the frozen ingredients and spinach.
Blend until smooth, for about 4-5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Variations And Substitutions
I am going to leave some options of changes you can make to this green smoothie.
Even though I spent a lot of time creating the best version of each recipe, sometimes making changes of your own is necessary, especially if you dislike certain ingredients.
Here are the options:
- You can use fresh peas, such as from a can instead of frozen peas. It just means your smoothie won’t be as thick.
- If you dislike bananas, use mango or pineapple instead. Berries can work well too, especially blueberries.
- If you don’t mind the sweetness in your smoothies, use flavoured pea protein, I personally used unsweetened and unflavoured.
- If you are nut-free, instead of almond milk, use oat or coconut milk.
Pea Smoothie [With Pea Protein]
- 1 Blender I used this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen bananas
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 scoop pea protein I used this one
- 1 cup/230ml almond milk unsweetened
- Prepare all your ingredients and measure them as listed in the ingredient list.
- Add all the ingredients starting with the frozen peas and banana to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!