Creamy and thick pistachio smoothie that tastes incredible.
Pistachio is a luxury nut with many benefits. Smoothies made with pistachios are not common, but if you are looking for a unique experience and to take your smoothies to the next level, add pistachios to smoothies!
We experimented making pistachio smoothies, and were pleasantly surprised by how yummy they came out!
We definitely urge you to try it for yourself.
What Are The Benefits Of a Pistachio Smoothie?
Pistachios combined with other healthy ingredients make an incredibly healthy smoothie, as well as a delicious smoothie too!
If you like eating nuts, what better way to incorporate them in your diet, than to add nuts to smoothies?
Here are the benefits of a pistachio smoothie:
- Source Of Healthy Fats.
- Rich In Protein (Ideal for muscle growth and recovery).
- May Help Lower Cholesterol Levels And Promote Heart Health.
- It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
- May Contribute To Weight Management By Promoting Feelings Of Fullness.
- Provides Vitamins And Minerals, (such as vitamins B6, C, A, and K, thiamine, copper, and manganese).
- High In Antioxidants.
- Anti Inflammatory.
- Rich In Fiber (for healthy digestion).
And so many other benefits too. But remember, when you combine pistachios with other ingredients, the nutritional value and health benefits become much more.
What Fruit Goes With Pistachio?
To make the best pistachio smoothie, it’s important that you pair pistachios with the right fruit.
Some fruit work better than others, so here is the list of the best fruits that pair well with pistachio nuts:
- Dried Fruit
- Citrus Fruit
And others, but these are some of the best fruits to pair with pistachio nuts.
How To Make a Healthy Pistachio Smoothie
You will need:
- Pistachio Nuts or Pistachio Butter
- Frozen Strawberries
- Vanilla Almond Milk
To make this pistachio banana smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend for about 4-5 minutes, until smooth.
This strawberry pistachio smoothie is very portable, so it makes a wonderful breakfast or snack on the go.
There are many different ways you can make this smoothie recipe. We have listed some optional substitutions below, just in case you wanted something slightly different.
- Instead of strawberries, you can use blueberries or another berry of choice.
- If you are not a fan of bananas, you can substitute the banana for mango instead.
- Instead of spinach, you can use other leafy greens of choice, such as kale.
- If you are not vegan, you can use dairy milk.
We hope you like this creamy and easy vegan pistachio smoothie. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Pistachio Smoothie [Banana & Berry]
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 tbsp pistachio butter or 2 tbsp pistachio nuts roasted unsalted (shelled)
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 small ripe banana peeled and diced
- 200 ml vanilla almond milk
- Prepare the ingredients as described in the ingredients list.
- Add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!