This banana and spinach smoothie is a nutritious and enjoyable drink ideal for a healthy breakfast.
The smoothie is ready in under 5 minutes!
For recipe tips, variations, benefits, and more, scroll past the recipe to learn more!
Banana And Spinach Smoothie (Weight loss)
- 1 Blender I use this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter smooth
- 2 tbsp yogurt full fat
- 1 cup/250ml almond milk unsweetened
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen banana slices, followed by the other ingredients.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes, until smooth. How long you blend very much depends on the power of your blender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Spinach Banana Smoothie Benefits
This spinach and peanut butter smoothie with banana contains 5 simple healthy ingredients, all contributing nutrients.
The selection of ingredients makes this weight-loss banana smoothie very good for you in many ways.
Some benefits include:
- Nutrient-Rich: The drink combines a variety of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Heart-Healthy Fats: The peanut butter and almond milk in this banana and spinach smoothie contribute to healthy fats that support heart health.
- Protein Boost: The yogurt and peanut butter in the smoothie add protein.
- Rich In Iron: Spinach is a good source of iron, supporting many bodily functions.
- Potassium Rich: Bananas are high in potassium, crucial for heart and muscle function.
- Dietary Fiber: Spinach and banana contribute fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Energy Boost: The natural sugars in bananas provide a quick energy boost, while the fats present in the shake offer sustained energy.
- Gut Health: The yogurt in the smoothie contains probiotics that support a healthy gut microbiome.
- Boosts Immune System: The smoothie is abundant in vitamins A, C, and K from spinach and banana, promoting immune function and overall health.
- Tasty and Convenient: A delicious and convenient way to incorporate a variety of nutritious foods into your diet.
Recipe Variations of This Spinach and Banana Smoothie
There are so many different ways you can make this spinach and banana smoothie recipe.
I have personally tested numerous variations of this smoothie.
But, I am only going to share the ingredient-add-ins and variations of this smoothie that worked best.
You can experiment in your own time as well, should you want to!
- Make the smoothie more filling by adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- To make a version of the smoothie without yogurt, either replace it with an extra tablespoon of nut butter, or simply leave it out of the recipe.
- For a nut-free version of the smoothie, use 1/3 avocado instead of the peanut butter, and oat milk instead of the almond milk.
- If you don’t like bananas or want to make a smoothie for someone who doesn’t like bananas, you can substitute them for mango or pineapple.
- Swap the spinach for kale or other greens of choice.
- If you have frozen spinach, use one nest instead of 1 handful of fresh spinach as listed in the recipe.
- Always add frozen fruit and leafy greens first to your blender since they are harder to blend.
- Start blending at a lower speed, then increase gradually as the blades crush the frozen fruit and spinach.
- When you use nut butter, always choose smooth, not chunky. It’s easier to incorporate in your smoothie.
Popular Questions And Their Answers From My Community Regarding The Smoothie
This green smoothie was quite popular on my Pinterest account when I shared it.
But, I received several questions which I am also going to answer in this recipe post, just in case you have the same questions in your mind as you read the recipe!
Is This Banana And Spinach Smoothie Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, the smoothie is filling, thanks to the combination of fats, fiber and protein. The satiety aspect that the smoothie brings, help with weight loss by helping you eat less throughout the day.
Can I Meal Prep This Smoothie?
Yes, you can blend it ahead of time and drink it the next day or two. Simply pour the blended smoothie to your favorite smoothie bottles, and refrigerate.
Can I Freeze The Smoothie?
Once the smoothie is blended, it can be frozen. You can either pour it into freezer friendly bags, or into ice cube tray and freeze. Once cubes are frozen, take them off the ice cube tray and place them into a freezer bag. Blend a couple of cubes with liquid to achieve a drinkable consistency.