I made this spinach peanut butter smoothie a couple of times now for breakfast and thought it’s time to share the recipe with you all.
It’s a simple and easy recipe which I love.
If you are after a delicious and nutrient-dense breakfast that is ready in under 5 minutes, I definitely recommend this oatmeal spinach peanut butter smoothie.
Spinach Banana And peanut Butter Smoothie Benefits
This nutty smoothie with spinach offers numerous vital nutrients and macros, such as vitamins, minerals, protein. carbs and good fat.
All of which contribute to overall health. The smoothie is also high in protein, which promotes satiety and also helps build muscle, if working out is your thing.
Here are some more benefits:
- Nutrient-Rich: The smoothie is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and folate.
- Fiber-Rich: Contains dietary fiber, which can aid digestion.
- High In Protein: Peanut butter adds a protein boost, making it a satisfying and a filling drink.
- Contains Healthy Fats: The natural fats in peanut butter provide healthy monounsaturated fats that are beneficial for heart health.
- Contains Antioxidants: Spinach is rich in antioxidants that help protect cells from damage and support overall health.
- Rich In Potassium: Bananas are a good source of potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure and muscle function.
- Provides a Natural Energy Boost: The natural sugars in bananas provide a quick energy boost, while the protein and fats help sustain energy levels.
- Versatile: The smoothie can be customized with additional ingredients like yogurt, chia seeds, or honey for added flavor and nutrition.
- Convenience: Easy to prepare and can be a quick, on-the-go meal or snack.
Step-By-Step How To Make Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie
The smoothie is straightforward to make, however, I like to layer smoothies which helps them blend easier and achieve a smoother consistency.
You will need these ingredients:
- Frozen Bananas
- Peanut Butter
- Protein Powder
- Almond Milk
The steps to make the smoothie:
- Using a blender, add the frozen banana slices and spinach first, followed by the almond milk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Calories
The smoothie is high calorie and high protein, making it ideal for bulking or weight gain.
Here is the calorie break down:
- Calories: Approximately 360-400 calories (depending on the type of protein powder you use)
- Protein: Around 20-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30-35 grams
- Dietary Fiber: Roughly 5-7 grams
- Of Which Sugars: Around 8-10 grams
- Fat: Approximately 15-20 grams
More Smoothie Recipes:
Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 Blender I used this one
- 1 handful of spinach or 1 nest of frozen spinach
- 1 scoop of protein powder unsweetened
- 2 tbsp peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen banana chunks
- 1 tbsp oats
- 200 ml oat or almond milk unsweetened
- Wash the spinach very well if using fresh.
- Measure the rest of your ingredients as listed.
- Add the spinach, frozen banana slices, and milk to your blender or nutribullet first, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for about 3-5 minutes, until you achieve a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!