A delicious banana yogurt smoothie for weight loss ideal for a meal replacement for breakfast.
This smoothie is an absolute go-to for me whenever I am trying to lose weight.
*To learn more about the smoothie and get recipe tips, scroll past the recipe if you want to!*
Banana Yogurt Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup/120g yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon of almond or peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Measure and prepare your ingredients as instructed.
- Start by adding your frozen banana slices and yogurt first to a Nutribullet or a blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients prepared.
- Blend until smooth, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the smoothie and drink immediately.
Banana Yogurt Smoothie Benefits
The main benefit of this yogurt smoothie is weight loss, however, you can still find this smoothie useful, regardless of whether or not you are wanting to lose weight.
This banana and yogurt smoothie is a nutritious and an easy breakfast to make, that can be enjoyed by many.
Here’s an overview highlighting the benefits of this weight loss yogurt smoothie:
- Low-Calorie Option:
- The smoothie is relatively low in calories, making it a suitable choice for those aiming to manage their calorie intake.
- Satiety and Fullness:
- The combination of protein from yogurt and nut butter, along with fiber from banana and cinnamon, may contribute to a sense of fullness, helping to control appetite.
- Healthy Fats:
- The nut butter provides healthy fats that can contribute to satiety and help maintain energy levels throughout the day.
- Protein Boost:
- The yogurt and nut butter in the smoothie offers a protein boost, which is beneficial for muscle maintenance and can aid in weight loss by supporting a feeling of fullness.
- Natural Sweetness with Fiber:
- The sweetness from the banana and maple syrup in the drink is accompanied by fiber, which can help satisfy sweet cravings while providing a slower release of energy.
- Nutrient-Rich Ingredients:
- The smoothie contains a variety of vitamins and minerals from the ingredients, contributing to overall health and well-being.
- Metabolism Support:
- Cinnamon has been associated with potential metabolism-boosting properties, which could support weight management.
- Balanced and Nutrient-Dense:
- The combination of ingredients creates a well-balanced and nutrient-dense drink, providing a range of essential nutrients without the excessive calories.
Recipe Substitutions And Tips
The recipe can be adjusted to your preferences should you want to.
I drank this smoothie consecutively for 5 days, which allowed me to change it a bit, and swap a couple of ingredients.
The most important thing was that I still managed to lose weight, even though I occasionally swapped some of the ingredients during those 5 days.
Below are some options for you to make changes to the recipe should you want to:
- Not a banana fan? Swap it for mango instead. It will add a nice tropical taste to your smoothie.
- Use dairy-free milk instead of lactose milk if you struggle to digest dairy milk. I tried almond and oat milk, and both worked fine.
- For reduced sugar content in the smoothie, avoid adding the maple syrup. On the last 2 days of drinking the smoothie, I didn’t add it at all, and the smoothie was still sweet enough.
Useful Questions And Answers For The Weight Loss Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe:
Does The Banana Yogurt Smoothie Really Help With Weight Loss?
The smoothie can help with weight loss, as long as you also make others efforts in your lifestyle and dietary choices. The yogurt and banana smoothie consumed within a calorie restricted diet can be effective for weight loss. However, if you only drink the smoothie and do not change your eating habits, you are unlikely to lose weight.
What Is The Best Time To Drink Banana And Yogurt Smoothie For Weight Loss?
The best time to drink this banana and yogurt smoothie is for breakfast, as a meal replacement. It's a nutritious and low calorie alternative to other breakfasts.
Can I Meal Prep Banana And Yogurt Smoothies?
Meal prepping won't work if you use frozen fruit as the recipe requires. However, if you do want to meal prep, then instead of frozen fruit, use fresh. Do note that due to the presence of lactose in the drink, it should be consumed within 2 days and be refrigerated as soon as it's made.