Do you like healthy smoothies? If you do, you are in luck! This Bilberry Smoothie is extremely healthy, especially for your eyes. It also has a number of other positive health effects.
Not familiar with bilberries? Bilberries are the lesser-known cousins of North American blueberries. Basically, the greatest difference is that bilberries grow naturally in forests in northern Europe, whereas blueberries are typically cultivated. They are quite popular in Finland.
Why This Bilberry Smoothie Is Good For You:
- Bilberries are known for their health properties. They improve eye health (may stop cataracts from developing). Bilberries can also reduce inflammation in the body. They also contain antioxidants, such as anthocyanins. It may also protect from colon cancer.
- Oats provenly lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. The beta-glucan in oats helps our bodies fight infection.
- Spelt is full of healthy minerals that help us strengthen our bones. Iron and copper are excellent for our blood circulation. Spelt also contains a lot of dietary fiber that lowers our cholesterol.
- Many yogurts contain probiotics. Probiotics are bacteria that live naturally in our digestive systems and may help boost our immune system. Studies suggest that yogurt may help people with constipation, diarrhea or other gastrointestinal conditions. Most yogurts also contain vitamin D and calcium that, when taken together, are beneficial for our bones and may prevent osteoporosis.
How To Make Bilberry Smoothie
You will need:
- Oats/Oat Bran
About the recipe: We added oat brans and spelt to make the smoothie even healthier and richer in fibers. And, we also blended a little bit of milk with the natural yogurt to make the smoothie feel a bit lighter since the spelt and oat brans make the consistency stickier.
To make this smoothie – simply add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
We really hope you enjoy this smoothie!
More Berry Smoothie Recipes:
1. Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
2. Aronia Berry Smoothie
3. Lingonberry Smoothie
We hope you like this tasty easy and healthy Bilberry Smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Dreamy Bilberry Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/150g bilberries fresh
- 1,5 cup/366g plain unsweetend yogurt
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp spelt
- 2 tbsp oat bran or regular rolled oats
- Add all your ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until creamy, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss - March 29, 2023
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023