In case you didn’t know, we are totally addicted to lingonberries. We only recently discovered them. You might not believe us, but we have a whole shelf in the freezer filled with lingonberries only! As a consequence, we had to share a lingonberry smoothie recipe with you y’all.
So, today we’d like to share with you our recipe for a simple, yet beautiful, lingonberry smoothie. Naturally, the smoothie is also delicious and extremely healthy. Lingonberries are rightfully called super berries since they are packed with cold-fighting vitamins as well as powerful antioxidants that will keep you strong and healthy. This is why we started to use this berry in our smoothies during the cold autumn and winter months.
Why Is Lingonberry Smoothie Good For You:
- Only 1 or 2 tablespoons of frozen lingonberries a day can help with diabetes, blood pressure challenges, and inflammatory conditions. Lingonberries, like no other berry, are packed with antioxidant power in the form of polyphenols.
- Bananas are a great dietary source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. They are also loaded with so many vitamins and minerals. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keep you healthy.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Low In Saturated Fat
- Low In Cholesterol
- A good amount of dietary fiber (26% of RDA)
- Good source of vitamin B6 and C (23% and 24% of RDA)
- Good source of manganese (28% of RDA)
How To Make Lingonberry Smoothie
You will need:
If you want to make this smoothie vegan-friendly, substitute the yogurt, for a vegan-friendly yogurt, and substitute the honey for maple syrup!
To make this smoothie – simply add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
We really hope you enjoy this smoothie!
More Berry Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this tasty easy and healthy Lingonberry Smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Healthy Lingonberry Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/150g lingonberries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup/75g raspberries or other fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup/125g plain yogurt or milk
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt (or milk) in a blender jar.
- Break the banana into chunks and place it into the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie in a glass and, if you wish, decorate it with lingonberries.