Blend tropical with chocolate for a delightful smoothie that tastes like dessert!
If you haven’t tried the combination of mango and chocolate before, I urge you to do so ASAP with my chocolate smoothie recipe with mango!Print
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen banana chunks
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1–2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 scoop protein powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Prepare all your ingredients and measure them as listed.
- Add all the ingredients starting with the frozen fruit to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*For recipe notes, smoothie benefits, and more, scroll own!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 24.1g
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Protein: 30.1g
Benefits of Chocolate Mango Smoothie
Just because the smoothie contains chocolate, doesn’t mean it’s automatically not good for you.
Here’s a breakdown of the benefits you can get from drinking this chocolate mango shake:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: The mango, banana, and strawberries used in the smoothie provide essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and folate.
- Fiber Content: The fruits and cocoa powder add fiber, which aids in digestion and satiety.
- High in Protein: The addition of protein powder in this smoothie makes it a good source of protein, essential for muscle repair and growth.
- Healthy Fats: The chocolate and peanut butter in this beverage contain healthy fats that are good for heart health.
- Quick Stable Source of Energy: The natural sugars from the fruits can provide a quick source of energy but stable energy too, which won’t cause crashes.
- Antioxidant-Rich: Fruits like mango, strawberries, and even cocoa powder are rich in antioxidants, which can benefit your health in many ways.
- Curbs Cravings: This smoothie can curb your chocolate cravings in a very healthy way.
Recipe Variations And Substitutions
I am going to leave some notes below for some optional ideas and changes you can make to this protein mango smoothie.
The suggestions are optional, they can only be useful if you want to swap some ingredients or change the taste of the smoothie slightly so it can suit your own preferences.
- Instead of peanut butter you can use almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Instead of cocoa powder you can use cacao powder which is healthier and contains more nutrients.
- The smoothie comes out quite thick using the ingredients I listed, so for a thinner smoothie use more liquid.
- I used unsweetened and unflavoured protein powder, but you can use vanilla for example.
- Instead of strawberries, you can use any other berry you like or have.
- For a vegan smoothie recipe – use vegan protein powder.
|Vitamix Blender Propel 510
|Ninja Blender BL610
|Oster 6640 Blender
|Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender
|AMZChef Blender 1800 W
At this time, I only owned 8 blenders, so I could only test the recipe using those blenders and models.
All of these blenders worked with this recipe.
If you own a blender that is not listed above, do let me know if it works with this recipe, and I will add it to the list.
Can I Use Any Type Of Protein Powder?
Yes, you can use any type of protein powder you prefer or have on hand, including whey, pea, hemp, or soy protein. The choice of protein powder might slightly alter the taste or texture, so choose one that aligns with your dietary preferences and flavor expectations.
Can I Make this Smoothie Without Peanut Butter?
Absolutely. While peanut butter adds a rich, creamy texture and healthy fats, you can omit it or substitute it with another nut butter, like almond butter, or even a seed butter, like sunflower butter, depending on your taste preference or allergy considerations.
Can I Use Cow's Milk Instead Of Almond Milk?
Yes, you can substitute almond milk with cow's milk or any other plant-based milk of your choice. The type of milk used can slightly alter the taste of the smoothie though.
How Long Does This Smoothie Stay Fresh?
For the best taste and texture, I recommended to consume the smoothie immediately after blending. However, if needed, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just give it a stir or shake before drinking.