Here is a coconut milk smoothie for weight loss for all coconut milk lovers!
Coconut milk provides your smoothies with so much; from flavor to creaminess, how can you not love it?
Is Coconut Milk Good For Weight Loss?
Coconut milk is quite good for weight loss because it’s very filling.
Coconut milk can assist your weight loss journey, but you will also need to combine diet and lifestyle changes as a whole in order to see the best results.
However, full-fat coconut milk can help you feel fuller for longer, which can contribute to weight loss.
If you use a little bit of coconut milk in your healthy smoothies for example, this can be a great way to get the weight loss effects you want.
How To Use Coconut Milk For Weight Loss?
The best way to use coconut milk for weight loss is by using it instead of other higher-calorie products such as high-fat milk and heavy cream.
Adding coconut milk to your recipe instead of heavy cream for creaminess will save you so many calories.
You won’t even have to compromise on taste since coconut milk provides excellent taste in your meals and drinks.
As for smoothies and shakes, the same applies, however, preferably use low-fat coconut milk for your smoothies, as you wouldn’t want an overwhelming coconut taste.
Is Coconut Milk In Smoothies Good For You?
Coconut milk is wonderful in smoothies. It adds creaminess, freshness, and taste to your smoothies. Furthermore, it contains some essential fats which are good for you.
Coconut milk also works really well with many, many ingredients, especially other tropical fruit.
It is a wonderful dairy-free alternative for vegans or lactose-intolerant people.
Coconut Milk Smoothie Benefits
I want to breakdown the benefits of drinking coconut milk smoothies a bit more.
This recipe I am sharing with you for a coconut milk smoothie for weight loss has so many benefits. Here they are:
- Rich in Nutrients: Mangoes are a great source of vitamins A and C, while spinach provides iron, calcium, and vitamin K. Coconut milk offers some essential fats, and chia seeds contribute to fiber and protein.
- Boosts Immunity: The vitamins A and C in the smoothie can help strengthen the immune system.
- Digestive Health: The fiber in this coconut shake aids in digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Heart Health: The chia seeds used in the smoothie contain omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for heart health. Spinach also has heart-healthy nutrients like potassium and magnesium.
- Antioxidant Properties: Mangoes, spinach, and chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, which help in fighting free radicals and reducing oxidative stress.
- Bone Health: Spinach provides calcium and vitamin K, which are important for maintaining healthy bones.
How To Make Breakfast Smoothie For Weight Loss With Coconut Milk
You will need these ingredients:
- Low Fat Coconut Milk
- Fresh Mango
- Chia Seeds
To make this coconut milk smoothie, add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
Optional Variations Of This Drink
Below I will leave some options for you to change this recipe a bit to suit your taste and ingredients you have at home.
- Feel free to use kale instead of spinach if that is what you have at home.
- Instead of chia seeds you can use other seeds of choice, or use nut butter instead.
- For a thicker smoothie use frozen mango instead of fresh like I did.
- You can substitute the mango for other fruit such as pineapple or even berries.
More Coconut Smoothie Recipes:
Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/220ml low fat coconut milk
- 1 cup/150g fresh mango
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss FAQs:
Should I Use Coconut Milk Or Almond Milk In Smoothie?
It all depends on your preferences. Coconut milk will add more creaminess to your smoothies, but it’s slightly heavier in calories.
Does Coconut Milk Burn Belly Fat?
Coconut milk contains traces of MCTs, which can increase your metabolism which leads to burning calories. Burning calories and a calorie deficit can lead to fat loss.
Does Coconut Milk Detox Your Body?
There is no concrete evidence that coconut milk can detox your body. But it’s worth incorporating as part of a healthy diet.