Have you ever thought of putting coconut oil in smoothies? Well, if you haven’t it’s a game-changer, and definitely worth trying!
If you are a regular user of coconut oil, you will know its benefits. But what about the benefits of adding coconut oil to your smoothies? Let’s find out!
There was also a short discussion about coconut oil in smoothies on Reddit if you are interested to hear what some people’s thoughts were on this.
Is Coconut Oil Good To Put In Smoothies?
What are the benefits of adding coconut oil to your smoothies? Well, for starters, it will add a very pleasant taste to your smoothies, furthermore, it can also aid weight loss, provide your body with antimicrobial effects, and much more.
Remember, fat makes you feel fuller for longer. And don’t be scared of coconut fat, it’s a good type of fat. Coconut oil will also add additional antioxidants to your smoothies.
How Much Coconut Oil Should I Put In My Smoothie?
The amount of coconut oil to add to your smoothie will vary, depending on the size of the smoothie, and how many ingredients you have.
Typically though, a tablespoon of coconut oil should be plenty to add to your smoothies. Test it, and taste along the way until you find the perfect balance, for your tastes.
How To Make Coconut Oil Smoothie
You will need:
- Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Yogurt (use Dairy-free if needed)
- Milk (use dairy free if needed)
To make this smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve and enjoy!
More Smoothie Recipes:
1. Blueberry Apple Smoothie
2. Healthy Peach Protein Smoothie
3. Kefir Smoothie
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing easy healthy vegan blueberry apple smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
1. How To Add Coconut Oil To Smoothies Without Clumping
It’s imperative that you melt the coconut oil before you add it to your smoothie. This should avoid clumping.
2. What Kind Of Coconut Oil For Smoothies
Extra Virgin Organic raw coconut oil is the best type of oil to add to your smoothies. Ideally cold-pressed and unrefined.
3. Can You Put Coconut Oil In Your Protein Shake?
Adding coconut oil to your protein shakes is a great way of adding more nutrients and health benefits to your shakes. Not to mention make your shakes more filling too.
Simple Healthy Coconut Oil Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used Ninja
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 plum stoned
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp yogurt use dairy-free if needed
- 1 cup/250ml milk use dairy-free if needed
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023