If you are after a protein smoothie, but you don’t like protein powders, then you have come to the right place.
The majority of protein smoothies unfortunately for some, have protein powder in them. However, thankfully there are natural healthier ways of adding protein to your smoothies without the need for protein powder.
Also, this protein smoothie doesn’t have any bananas. Often, you will see that protein smoothies tend to have bananas. Not everyone likes bananas.
So, if you are in the club of people who don’t like bananas or protein powder, this smoothie is for you.
Do You Really Need Protein Powder?
The short answer is no. Protein powders have a high amount of protein, and of course, are super convenient, you only need 1-2 scoops.
However, there are other, more natural, and healthier ways of getting your protein.
How Can I Get Protein In My Smoothie Without Powder?
Simple. You use ingredients naturally high in protein.
- Nut Butters
- Seeds (e.g chia seeds, linseeds, hemp seeds)
- Dark Chocolate
And the list goes on.
What Can I Use If I Have No Protein Powder?
One of the things we always reach when we don’t have any fancy seeds or nut butter or protein powder is beans.
Yes, everyone has a can of beans in their pantry. And trust us, beans CAN be added to smoothies, in fact, they make smoothies thicker and more filling.
So, next time you fancy a protein smoothie, add some canned beans!
How To Mke Almond Butter Protein Shake Without Protein Powder
You will need:
- Almond Butter
- Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Cacao Powder
- Almond Milk
This smoothie comes out thick and so tasty. You can, of course, add more sweetness to it, like a touch of maple or date syrup.
To make this smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve and enjoy!
More Smoothie Recipes:
1. Fruit Smoothie For Weight Gain
2. 1000 Calorie Smoothie
3. Weight Gain Shake
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing easy healthy vegan protein smoothie no powder recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Healthy Protein Smoothie (No Protein Powder)
- 1 Blender We used Ninja
- 1 small soft apple cored and diced
- 2 dates pitted
- 1 cup/250ml of almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 tbsp of almond butter Or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of shelled hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of oats
- Prepare the the ingredients as described.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss - March 29, 2023
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023