Today I am sharing my copycat detox island green smoothie recipe with you.
I love long island green smoothies…but I stopped buying as many smoothies when I go out, just because they do break the bank!
But, I do love the smoothies from Tropical smoothie.
Making your own smoothies can reduce the expense by more than half. Not to mention that smoothies come together in less than five minutes!
I had to make my own version of a tropical smoothie cafe detox island green smoothie.
It’s saving me a couple of bucks and time waiting in the queue at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
What Is The Detox Island Green Smoothie Good For: The Benefits
Bot the detox island smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe and the homemade version are healthy.
It hydrates your body, assists the liver with detoxification, helps with constipation, and provides you with important vitamins that boost your immune system.
This island green detox smoothie is also completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly, making it suitable for any diet!
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the benefits of drinking this copycat detox island green smoothie:
- Nutrient-Rich: The combination of leafy greens and fruits are high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like iron and calcium, providing a good nutritional boost.
- Antioxidant Properties: Pineapple and lemon are both rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which can help combat free radicals in the body.
- Digestive Health: Ginger is known for its gastrointestinal relief, and can help with digestion and combating nausea.
- Immune Support: The vitamin C from the lemon and pineapple can support the immune system.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Many of the ingredients used have anti-inflammatory properties, particularly ginger and pineapple, which contain gingerol and bromelain.
- Alkalizing Effect: Lemon and spinach are often considered alkalizing foods that can help balance the body’s pH levels.
- Fiber Content: Spinach provides fiber along with the rest of the ingredients, which aids in digestion and can contribute to a feeling of fullness.
Is Detox Island Green Good For Weight Loss?
The detox island green smoothie is excellent for weight loss.
The reason is because it’s very low in calories and quite filling, thanks to the fiber.
This smoothie can be particulalry effective in weight loss if you use it as a meal replacement.
For example instead of your usual bowl of cereal, have this smoothie and it will be a total game changer!
It will not only supports your weight loss goals, but also nourish you at the same time too.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Smoothie Nutrition
Here is the nutritional breakdown of the original Tropical Smoothie Cafe detox island green smoothie:
- Calories Per Serving: 180
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Of which sugars: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 4g
Homemade Detox Island Green Smoothie Nutrition
This homemade tropical smoothie detox island green smoothie packs a lot of goodness. And it really doesn’t have many calories either. Here’s the breakdown:
- Calories Per Serving: 112
- Carbohydrates: 17.5g
- Of which sugars: 11.2g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 1.0g
The homemade copycat version as you can see has lower calories per serving than the original. It’s also much lower in sugar and carbohydrates.
How To Make Tropical Smoothie Island Green Detox Recipe
You will need:
- Frozen Pineapple
- Lemon Juice
- Coconut Water
Making this tropical smoothie detox island green recipe is so easy, all you need to do is add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy.
Oh, if it’s warm outside, feel free to serve with some ice too!
More Smoothie Recipes:
Copycat Detox Island Green Smoothie
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach or kale washed
- 1/2 cup/75g of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup/75g of frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup/125ml of coconut water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp of freshly minced ginger
- Prepare the ingredients as described.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!