Today I am sharing with you my delicious green tea detox drink recipe that I have been enjoying for some time now.
Now is the time for me to share it with you, because I have perfected it and I know it can help with detoxing, since I have tested it on myself.
Green Tea With Lime Benefits
The green tea with cinnamon and lime benefits are so many, you will want to drink this beverage everyday!
This drink is great for replacing your morning coffee. It will still wake you you up, since green tea has caffeine, but it will also provide your body with numerous health benefits.
This detox drink for bloating and weight loss has these amazing benefits:
- Antioxidant Properties: Green tea is rich in antioxidants like catechins, which may help in combating oxidative stress.
- Detoxing: The drink can aid the liver with the detoxification of your body as a whole.
- Metabolism Boost: Some of the ingredients used like green tea and ginger can help boost metabolism.
- Fat Burning: This lemon detox drink is low in calories and contains numerous compounds that can help with fat burning and weight loss.
- Debloating: Most of the ingredients used in this tea beverage contain properties that help with debloating. Ginger is the main ingredient that helps with that.
- Digestive Aid: Ginger is commonly used to aid digestion and can help relieve gastrointestinal irritation, stimulate saliva, and suppress gastric contractions.
- Immune Support: The lime juice is high in Vitamin C, which is known to support the immune system.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Ginger and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Improved Circulation: Some studies suggest that cinnamon can improve blood circulation, which is beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Mild Diuretic: Green tea has mild diuretic properties, which may help you eliminate excess fluid.
Best Time to Drink Green Tea For Detox
The best time to drink this green tea detox drink is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
As for how often to drink detox tea, you should drink this beverage once a day for 7 consecutive days as a minimum.
You want to drink it for that long, so you give your body the chance to fully detoxify itself. 3 days is not enough.
How Long Does It Take For Green Tea To Detox Your Body
If you are wondering how long detox tea takes to detox you, the answer is it varies. It varies from person to person.
Everybody is different, however, generally, you should start seeing results between 3 to 10 days. I personally started seeing results within the first week.
Other factors play a role in how well you detox. For example, if you eat a long of junk food alongside drinking detox tea, you won’t really get the results you want.
How to Make Green Tea Detox Drink
This drink is ready in under 15 minutes, and all you need is a handful of ingredients.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 Cup Of Warm Water
- 1 Teabag Of Green Tea
- 1/2 Lime Juiced
- 3-4 Slices of Ginger Root
- 1 Teaspoon Of Manuka Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (my secret ingredient!)
The green tea is brewed with the ginger in the warm water for 10 minutes. The teabag is removed, and all the rest of ingredients are stirred in.
Serve and enjoy!
Green Tea Detox Drink
- 1 cup/230ml warm water
- 1 teabag of green tea
- 3-4 slices of ginger
- 1/2 lemon or lime juiced
- 1 tsp manuka honey or regular honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Brew the green tea (I used a teabag) with the slices of ginger and the cup of warm water.
- Let the ginger and tea brew for 10 minutes.
- Discard the teabag.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients in the brewed tea.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Green Tea Detox Your Body?
Green tea contains compounds that can support the overall health of your body. Green tea contains high amount of antioxidants, which play an important role in supporting your body's natural detoxification processes by neutralizing free radicals that can damage your cells.
Can Green Tea Flush Out Fat?
Green tea's compounds such as norepinephrine, can boost your fat-burning hormones. So technically yes, green tea can help with fat loss.
How Do You Detox With Green Tea?
The best way to detox with green tea is to pair it with other detoxing ingredients such as a lemon, honey and ginger. Drink the beverage 1-2 times a day alongside a healthy diet for best results.