This lemon detox drink is so tasty and good for you, and it’s also so easy to make. You will want to make this beverage every day!
What I love about this detox drink is the fact that it has multiple different benefits.
I like to drink this during cold rainy days since the drink is served warm, it can really rejuvenate you and warm you up.
It’s honestly so warming and delicious, it’s actually much better than a cup of coffee or tea.
Lemon Detox Water Benefits
I want to break down the benefits a bit more because this drink has so many health benefits.
Apart from warming you up and boosting your immune system, there are so many other benefits this drink has to offer.
Here’s a more elaborate list of the benefits of lemon detox water:
- Aids Detoxing: The combination of the ingredients used in the drink may support detoxification by aiding the liver in processing and eliminating toxins.
- May Aid in Weight Loss: The beverage contains cayenne pepper which boosts the metabolism, but other factors also play a role that can contribute to fat loss.
- Aids Digestion: Ginger root stimulates the digestive system and can help soothe digestive discomfort, while lemon juice may promote healthy digestion.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The use of ginger in the drink has anti-inflammatory effects that may help with pain management and reduction of inflammation in the body.
- Heart Health: Some studies have shown that both ginger and cayenne pepper can improve blood circulation, possibly benefiting heart health.
- Immune-Boosting: Lemons are high in vitamin C, an essential antioxidant that can help protect cells from damaging free radicals, and supports immune function.
- May Debloat You: Lemon and ginger can really help digestion, which can result in a reduction in bloating. The drink itself helps you flush out sodium and excess water you might be holding.
- Relieves The Symptoms Of Cold And Flu: The use of lemon, honey, and ginger is a well-known natural remedy for fighting colds and flu.
- Aids Sugar Detoxing: This drink also works as a great sugar detox drink, since it contains compounds that aid liver detoxification which can aid the symptoms of a ‘sugar hangover’.
Does Lemon Water Detox Your Body?
Yes, lemon water can aid the detoxification in your body, this is especially true if you drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
It can help flush out toxins since the drink will be the first thing your body digests, it can really have a profound and positive effect on your health as a whole.
Hydration plus Vitamin C from the lemon can help boost your immune system, and your metabolism, which in itself can also result in weight loss.
When Should I Drink Lemon Water For Detox?
From personal experience, the best time to drink lemon water for detox is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
This allows for better digestion of the drink, as well as a much more powerful detox and cleansing effect.
Needless to say, this drink won’t detox everyone. Every body is different, some things work better for some and not for others.
So I suggest that you drink this lemon water 3 days in a row, first thing in the morning, and see how you feel.
For me personally, I saw positive effects on day 3, and I continued to drink it for 2 more days, reaching 5 days total.
Lemon Detox Drink For Weight Loss Ingredients
I have been drinking lemon water with honey in the morning since I was a teenager.
However, I only recently made my own recipe for one of my favorite morning drinks.
The ingredients I have selected for this recipe are literally the perfect marriage of every ingredient. They all work very well together and are all so good for you.
So, let me share more about each ingredient I used:
This lemon bloat detox drink is double lemon because it contains both freshly squeezed lemon juice and freshly sliced lemon too!
The double lemon really adds tons of flavor and Vitamin C.
#2. Ginger Root
I have not seen many lemon water recipes that have ginger in them. Ginger works so well with lemon, but it also adds so many benefits to this ginger lemon detox drink.
I decided to add ginger to my lemon water in the morning once, and ever since then, I have started adding ginger every single time I make lemon detox water!
Honey and lemon together is one of the best combinations ever. The sweetness of honey helps cut through the acidity of the lemon and also sweeten the drink.
If you don’t use honey, the drink will simply be too acidic, and not very pleasant to drink.
Apart from cutting through the acidity of lemon, honey also brings a lot of benefits to this detox drink for fat loss.
#4. Cayenne Pepper
This spicy pepper might be a spice you will often use in your savory meals for dinner, but cayenne pepper certainly belongs in your detox and weight loss drinks too!
Cayenne pepper is great for boosting the metabolism and helping you fight colds and flu.
The hot pepper can also help clear your sinuses and improve your digestion!
#5. Warm Water
No lemon water is completed without water! I used hot-to-warm temperature water. You can use mineral water if you like, but I personally just went with filtered.
How to Make Lemon Honey-Cayenne Pepper Detox Drink
A full recipe breakdown can be found below in the recipe card, but I will provide an overview of the recipe so you have an understanding of what you will need to do.
When you assemble your ingredients, you will need to prepare them by juicing and slicing the second lemon, and slicing the ginger as well.
Here’s how to put the drink together:
- Mix the lemon juice, ginger, and warm water together.
- Add the honey and lemon slices.
- Finally, add the cayenne pepper and mix well.
Lemon Detox Drink [Cleansing & Immune-Boosting]
- 250 ml hot water
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3-4 slices of ginger root
- Slice one of the lemons and juice the second lemon.
- Slice the ginger thinly.
- Mix the lemon juice and ginger slices with the water.
- Add the honey and lemon slices and mix again.
- Finally, add the cayenne pepper and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Many Days Does It Take For Lemon Water To Work?
When you see effects from the warm lemon water will depend individually for each person. However, in general, you should start noticing results after 3 to 5 days. Which is why you should consider drinking it for at least a week, so you are able to allow enough time to gain the effects you want.
Can you use bottled lemon juice for detox water?
It's best to use freshly squeezed lemon. Avoid using bottled lemon juice, because it simply won't give you the positive benefits you want. Bottled lemon juice is made from a concentrate, so it really has nothing healthy to offer.
How Long Does It Take For Lemon Water To Reduce Belly Fat?
Lemon water alone won't necessary burn fat. You will need to make sure you are in a calorie deficit overall in order to burn fat. However, lemon water may boost the metabolism, which allows your body to burn more calories at rest.