After eating a whole chocolate bar in one go last night, I woke up with a ‘sugar withdrawal’, so I needed a sugar detox drink ASAP.
We have all been there, we ate too much, whether it was a big dinner or a whole tub of ice cream, there was a point in our lives when we overate.
If that is the case for you now, you probably woke up with a food or sugar hungover, and you will be needing a remedy ASAP!
What Is The Fastest Way to Detox Your Body From Sugar?
Once sugar is in your system, it’s hard to get rid of it quickly, but there are ways to manage the bad symptoms of overdosing on sugar.
Getting back on track and assisting your body in removing the excess sugar in your body can be done.
Here are things you can do in a day to feel better:
- Drink Plenty Of Water.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast
- Increase Protein Consumption
- Eat Plenty Of Vegetables But Keep Fruit to a Minimum.
- Increase Your Fiber Consumption.
- Do Some Exercises, Even Walking is fine.
- Consume As Little Sugar As Possible
- Drink Detox Juices Or Detox Drinks.
How Long Does It Take to Detox Your Body From Sugar?
Typically, your own body will detox itself from sugar within a day, but if you put in some effort you can help the process.
Drinking sugar detox juices, especially homemade sugar detox drinks, you can see improvement from the sugar withdrawal symptoms much faster.
The most important thing about detoxing from sugar is to make sure you eat healthy, be physically active, and don’t beat yourself up about how much sugar you consumed.
Does Sugar Detox Help You Lose Weight?
If you are doing a day sugar detox, it’s unlikely you will lose fat, but you may lose water weight.
However, if you are doing a long-term sugar detox, where you intentionally cut out most sugar from your diet, you can most certainly see a reduction in fat.
Sugar, mostly added sugar is mostly empty calories. Most of us consume too much sugar, which adds a lot of extra calories to our diet that we don’t need. Extra calories are stored as fat in our bodies.
So, when you cut down on sugar, you are more likely to lose weight. Furthermore, sugar spikes our energy, then it crashes fast, which makes us hungry. This causes us to overeat, which leads to weight gain.
Sugar might be tasty, but it isn’t doing our bodies any good.
What Not to Eat On a Sugar Detox?
Now that you know what to eat if you want to detox from sugar, you should also know what NOT to eat while trying to detox from sugar.
Here’s a list of things to avoid:
- Don’t Eat Sugar.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Cereals, White Bread, Pastries, Fries.
- Avoid Fast Food.
- Limit Caffeine.
- Limiting The Consumption Of Fruit.
- Don’t Drink Fruit Juices
Basically, it’s important that you avoid consuming high glycemic carbohydrates. You need to stabilize your blood sugar.
Benefits Of Sugar Detox Drink
Detoxing from sugar can have a very profound effect on our health and how we feel.
Here are the benefits of this detox beverage based on the ingredients it contains:
- Blood Sugar Control: Ingredients like green tea and apple cider vinegar may help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Hydration: The cucumber and green tea provide hydration, which can help in flushing out toxins.
- Digestive Support: Ginger and fiber from the pineapple and spinach can support digestive health.
- Vitamin Boost: The drink is rich in vitamins such as Vitamin C, A, and K, which support immune function and overall health.
- Antioxidant Properties: Green tea, lemon, and pineapple are sources of antioxidants that can help fight free radicals in the body.
- May Aid In Weight Loss: The drink is low in calories and could be a part of a weight loss plan if that’s a goal.
- Boosts Metabolism: Green tea and ginger can help stimulate metabolism.
- Alkalizing Effects: Lemon and cucumber may have an alkalizing effect on the body.
Ingredients Needed For The Drink
I selected the best ingredients that can help with sugar hangovers and cleansing. These ingredients also work well together harmoniously.
Here are the ingredients I used to make this sugar detox smoothie:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Brewed Green Tea
- Lemon Juice
- Ginger Root
- Frozen Pineapple Slices
All these ingredients work so well together, but they all individually contribute to making you feel better and relieving the symptoms of a sugar hangover.
How To Make a Sugar Detox Juice
Once you have assembled your ingredients, add them to your blender, and blend until smooth.
Then, strain them using a cheesecloth or whatever method you like, you will be left with the pure juice.
Serve with ice and that’s it!
A detailed recipe breakdown can be found below in the recipe card.
When And How Often To Drink This Juice
I recommend that you drink this detox drink once a day, on an empty stomach first thing in the morning for 3 days in a row.
This is the plan I followed, and I saw a great improvement on day one but continued to drink it anyway for 2 more days, which made me feel energized and just generally felt much better.
This is why I recommend that you drink the juice for three days in a row.Print
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- 250 ml brewed green tea (unsweetened and cooled)
- 3–4 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 sliced (use the slices to serve)
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 handful of spinach (washed)
- Prepare the ingredients as instructed in the ingredients list.
- Once the ingredients have been prepared, add them to a high-speed blender, and blitz for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a cheesecloth or any other method you like for straining, and strain the blended mixture.
- Serve the strained juice over ice and the lemon slices.
Best consumed straight away.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Juice, Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 21
- Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 3.3
- Protein: 1
Keywords: detox dribks, detox smoothie, pineapple detox drink, pineapple detox smoothie, sugar detox drink, weight loss drinks, weight loss pineapple ginger smoothie