This homemade colon cleanse drink has been part of my recipe repertoire for a long time.
I have made this colon detox drink hundreds of times. Today, it’s time for me to share it with you all!
If you have been looking for colon detox drinks, you have come to the right place, because this homemade drink I am sharing with you today DOES work, because I have personally tested it!
How Can I Clean My Gut Naturally?
There are many different ways to naturally detox your gut.
Obviously, the best and the most healthy way to do so, is by doing it naturally instead of using laxatives or unnatural ways, which may actually damage your colon.
One of the most popular ways to flush out your colon is by drinking warm water with salt on an empty stomach, once or twice a day.
There are, however, many other ways too. Which is why today I am sharing my homemade colon cleanse recipe, that I have been using for years.
Benefits Of Homemade Colon Cleanse Drink
The primary benefits and purpose of this drink is to flush out your colon, which it does, but the drinks offers other benefits too.
I am going to list some of the benefits below:
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Both turmeric and ginger used in the stomach detox drink are known for their anti-inflammatory effects, which benefit the digestive system.
- Antioxidant Rich: Lemon, turmeric, and ginger contain antioxidants that may help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body.
- Digestive Aid: Ginger and lemon are often used to alleviate indigestion and bloating.
- Alkalizing Effect: Lemon juice is often cited as having an alkalizing effect on the body.
- Natural Detoxification: The fiber and hydration aspects of this drink can support the body’s natural detoxification processes, especially in the colon.
- Fiber Boost: Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, which can help promote regular bowel movements, which is how this drink flushes out your colon.
- Hydration: The warm water can help keep you hydrated, which is essential for overall health and especially important for digestive function.
- May Aid Weight Loss: This drink’s fiber and hydration could support temporary weight loss by flushing out your colon and reducing water retention.
Natural Colon Detox Drink Ingredients
Since I have been using this homemade colon cleanse for many years now, it took me a long time to figure out the right ingredients that did the job.
After years of testing different ingredients, then testing the drink on myself, I found the perfect set of ingredients that really help flush out the colon.
So, here are the ingredients you will need:
#1. Warm Water
When it comes to flushing out your colon, liquid, especially water is extremely important.
I used warm water, which is important, because your body won’t have to waste any energy to warm it up if it’s cold.
Surely you know that salted warm water helps you poop. This combination has a laxative effects, and it typically works within 30 minutes to an hour.
Salted water not only helps bowel movements, but it also gets rid of toxins in your colon, as well as any parasites that may be inside your colon.
#3. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are high in fiber, but their biggest benefits comes when they reach your colon.
They expand, which helps the flushing process in your colon. These littles seeds are crucial to the success of detoxing your colon.
#4. Lemon Juice
The secret is to always juice your own lemons. Never use lemon juice from bottles!
Anyway, lemon juice is just as important in detoxing as the rest of the ingredients used in this gut detox water.
Lemon also adds a bit of taste.
Turmeric is world wide known for its health benefits. It can help relief from gastrointestinal problems, along with many other benefits too.
It is quite bitter, which is why the use of lemon juice is great for cutting through the bitterness.
#6. Black Pepper
Did you know that black pepper helps activating some very important compounds that turmeric has?
Without black pepper, your body will not be able to absorb some of the benefits of turmeric.
Apart from helping with the turmeric absorption, black pepper is spicy, which get your stomach juices going.
#7. Minced Ginger
Ginger has so many benefits to the gut. It reduces stomach cramps, helps avoid indigestion, and minimizes gas and bloating.
Along with many other benefits too. Ginger truly is a natural remedy for many things.
Here is the deal, I didn’t actually add the apples in this colon cleanse detox drink recipe, instead, I ate the apple AFTER drinking the detox water!
There many benefits to the gut and colon flushing linked to apple consumption, especially apple juice.
But, in my case, I always eat a couple of slices of apple, which really help with the colon flushing I find.
How To Make Colon Cleanse Drink At Home
Now that you know what ingredients you need, here are their measurements:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger root
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt flakes
- 2-3 apple slices
The method is simple; mix together all the ingredients except the apple and drink up immediately!
Once you have drank the detox water, eat the apple slices.
When And How Often To Drink This Homemade Colon Cleanse
For the best results drink this salt water colon cleanse twice a day; once in the morning on an empty stomach, and once just before you go to sleep.
This overnight colon cleanse at home should take between 30 minutes to an hour to work.
Sometimes if you drink it before bed, you may feel the need to use the toilet in the morning when you wake up.
The results are very individual, it varies from person to person.
Homemade Colon Cleanse Drink
- 1 cup/230 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of black pepper to activate the turmeric
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 2 apple slices
- Prepare the ingredients as instructed.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the apple and drink up immediately!
- Once you have drank the detox water, eat the 2 slices of apple.