Lemon Meringue Strawberry Shortcake Cookies recipe, that’s indulgent, and a perfect dessert to make if you want to yay your guests.
This recipe is a bit of effort, but it’s really worth it, because you end up with a creamy and crispy dessert, with fresh strawberries and cream.
We love creating cookie recipes, but you can’t really serve a cookie as a dessert?! So, we tried to find a way to turn cookies into a decadent dessert you can serve at a dinner party.
Who doesn’t like strawberries and cream, and who doesn’t like a crispy crunchy butter cookie? Strawberry shortcake and lemon meringue combo work so well together. This is a fantastic dessert you can make at home to impress your guests.
This Lemon Meringue Strawberry Shortcake recipe has got loads going on; we have got butter shortbread cookies, meringue with sliced fresh strawberries, and extra cloud lemon meringue on top.
How To Make Lemon Meringue Strawberry Shortcake Cookies:
You will need:
For The Cookies:
For The Meringue:
-Touch Of Vinegar
You will need to make the shortbread cookies first by beating the butter and sugar together in a bowl or using a kitchen aid. Then the flour is folded to create the shortbread paste.
Once they are done, you can make the meringue while the cookies are cooling.
Making meringue is a lot easier than you think. You literally need to whip egg whites with a touch of vinegar using your kitchen aid (the vinegar helps stabilize the eggs) The whites are whipped with the vinegar, until airy and fluffy, then the powdered sugar is added gradually. You want stiff peaks. Voila, you have lemon meringue!
After all that is done, dollop some meringue on top of half the cookies, then add sliced strawberries, close the top with another cookie, and spread/pipe the meringue on top. Voila! Enjoy!
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like these Lemon Meringue Strawberry Shortcake Cookies! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Lemon Meringue Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- For The Shortbread:
- 180 g/6oz plain flour
- 125 g/4oz unsalted butter softened
- 55 g/2oz caster sugar
- For The Meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 10 strawberries sliced
- First, make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in the flour and mix untill a soft dough forms (do not overmix). Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the dough is 1cm/½in thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Make The Meringue:
- Gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Keep whisking until stiff peaks.
- After all that is done, dollop some meringue on top of half the cookies, then add sliced strawberries, close the top with another cookie, and spread/pipe more meringue on top. Voila! Enjoy!