Today I am sharing my healthy and indulgent raw vegan smoothie bowl for weight loss!
This smoothie bowl can, of course, be enjoyed by non-vegans and people who are not on the raw vegan diet, because it’s so yummy!
So, if you are looking for vegan smoothie recipes for weight loss, you should try this vegan smoothie bowl!
Are Smoothie Bowls Good For Weight Loss?
Most smoothies bowls are normally high in calories, making them not so great for weight loss.
However, you can customize and make your own smoothies bowl that can work for weight loss. It all comes down to how you make your smoothie bowls.
Making low calorie smoothie bowls for example can be great for weight loss, because smoothie bowls tend to be quite filling.
Benefits Of Raw Vegan Smoothie Bowl
This vegan smoothie bowl for weight loss isn’t just good for weight loss, it has so many other benefits too!
Since the smoothie bowl contains raw unprocessed ingredients only, you get the most your of your ingredients in terms of vitamins and benefits.
Here’s a what benefits you can expect from eating this healthy vegan berry weight loss smoothie bowl:
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: Spinach is rich in iron, calcium, and vitamins like A and K, while strawberries provide vitamin C and manganese. Bananas offer potassium and vitamin B6.
- Rich in Fiber: Both the fruits and spinach used in this smoothie bowl contribute dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Antioxidant-rich: Strawberries and spinach are high in antioxidants, which can help to combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Healthy Fats: The almond butter in this bowl provides unsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health.
- Protein Content: The bowl contains some protein, which is essential for muscle repair and overall body function.
As with many smoothie bowls, often, people add smoothie bowl toppings which further enhance the benefits, especially if you use healthy toppings.
How To Make Vegan Smoothie Bowl
They key to making smoothie bowls is to use frozen fruit. If you have ever had a smoothie bowl before, you will know that they are thick, cold and very indulgent.
To achieve a thick smoothie bowl, make sure you have frozen fruit in the freezer!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this healthy smoothie bowl for fat loss:
- Frozen Bananas
- Frozen Strawberries
- Raw Almond Butter (I used homemade, but you can buy this raw almond butter from Amazon.)
- Cold Water
Once you have assembled your ingredients, add them all to your food processor or blender starting with the frozen fruit.
Blend or process for 4-5 minutes, scrapping off the sides to ensure a smooth blend.
Serve and add your toppings!
Variations And Substitutions
In case you have different ingredients available to you at home, or you want a slightly different tasting smoothie bowl, I have left some options for you below:
- For a no banana smoothie bowl, instead of frozen bananas use frozen mango slices instead!
- If you can find 100% pure raw coconut water, you can use that liquid for your smoothie instead of plain water.
- Instead of spinach other leafy greens can also work. For example kale.
- You don’t have to use strawberries, any other berries will work fine too, just make sure it’s frozen.
- If you are on the nut-free diet, you can use raw tahini instead of almond butter.
Raw Vegan Smoothie Bowl [Weight Loss]
- 1 Food Processor we used this one.
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 100 ml cold water
- Add all of your ingredients to a powerful blender or a food processor, starting with the frozen fruit
- Process until completely smooth, stopping and scraping the sides a few times for a consistent blend.
- Serve the creamy mixture onto your favorite smoothie bowls and add your desired toppings.