It’s that time of the year, when everyone is sneezing, coughing, and is being ill. it’s hard to avoid getting ill yourself when everyone around it is ill.
So, you are here today, and we take it you have a sore throat and you need a remedy asap. Don’t worry, we got you!
Not many people would think to drink smoothies to relieve a sore throat. Everyone goes straight for warm teas or soups. Don’t take us wrong, these are all great remedies, but what your body really needs, is nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Is Drinking a Smoothie Good For a Sore Throat?
The short answer is yes. When you are ill, what you need to do, is support your body as much as possible; whether it’s in the form of rest, good food, or both.
Providing your body with good food, vitamins, and minerals is key to battling the sickness. Smoothies typically contain a lot of fresh fruit and veg, foods that are ideal when you are feeling ill.
Next time you feel ill, stock up on fresh fruit and veg, and make a smoothie, we promise, you will feel better!
Ingredients To Relief Sore Throat
Look, yes, fresh smoothies will definitely help you, but we selected some ingredients that we know will help you feel relief almost instantly.
Here’s why this smoothie can help you relieve a sore throat and the ingredients used:
- Quality Honey – we used Manuka honey for increased benefits, but any honey will do.
- Ginger – Ginger as we all know has anti-viral properties and is a great ingredient to battle a sore throat
- Lemon – Same as ginger, lemon helps your body break down mucus, and relieve pain.
- Orange – Oranges contain a great amount of Vitamin C, and as we all know, Vitamin C supports the immune system.
- Unsweetened Yogurt – our gut plays a very important role in our health, how often we get ill, etc. So feeding your gut with the right food is essential. Yogurt contains probiotics, which feed good gut bacteria.
- Green Apple – Green apple contain more Vitamin C than red apples, just like oranges, Vitamin C will boost your imm
- Coconut Water – Hydration is key when you are ill. Drinking plenty of fluids will help you battle the sickness.
How To Make a Smoothie To Relief Sore Throat
You will need:
- Green Apple
- Manuka honey
- Coconut Water
To make this smoothie – simply add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
We hope you like this smoothie, and we sure hope it helps you!
More Smoothie Recipes:
1. Lemon Juice Apple Cider Vinegar Water
2. Spicy Drink To Clear Sinuses
3. Watermelon Ginger Smoothie
We hope you like this tasty easy healthy remedy smoothie against sore throat recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Sore Throat Smoothie [Remedy]
- 1 orange peeled and seeds removed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp of manuka honey
- 1 green apple cored and diced
- 1 tbsp of yogurt Unsweetened
- 200 ml of coconut water
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie - June 7, 2023
- Papaya Pineapple Smoothie [Nutrient-Dense] - June 6, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Shake For Weight Loss - June 5, 2023