A healthy smoothie that will provide you with 3 out of your 5 a day, and will boost your body with vital nutrients.
The smoothie is thick and refreshing and it’s perfect to take anywhere.
If you are dairy-free, you are in luck, because this smoothie is totally dairy-free and suitable for vegans.
Sometimes simple is best, so I kept the ingredients list small and simple; we have the 3 vital ingredients, banana, strawberry, and blueberry, then I added some milled linseeds (flaxseeds) for extra fiber and heart-healthy fats.
And of course liquid, I chose unsweetened almond milk, but you can choose any milk you like.
Do Strawberries And Blueberries Mix Well together?
If you didn’t know already, strawberries and blueberries mix very well together. In fact, they complement each other very well.
Strawberries tend to be quite sweet, whilst blueberries have a slightly tangy flavor. So you get the best of both worlds.
Some people think that there is no point in consuming two types of berries at once, but the fact is, although strawberries and blueberries are both berries, they both offer unique benefits.
For example. blueberries are high in antioxidants, whilst strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese.
So even though they are both berries, they are great together, not just because of how they taste together, but also the type of benefits they provide to your body.
What Are The Benefits of Strawberry Blueberry Banana Smoothie?
This strawberry blueberry banana weight loss smoothie contains 3 out of your 5 a day, which means that it contains numerous vitamins and minerals.
Furthermore, berries and bananas are high in fiber, which promotes healthy digestion and satiety.
But, here is the full list of all the benefits you can expect to get from this double berry banana smoothie:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Anxitodants protect cells from damage by free radicals, potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Supports Digestive Health: Dietary fiber from fruits can promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation.
- Boosts Immunity: High vitamin C content from strawberries and blueberries can strengthen the immune system.
- Heart Health: The use of Linseeds (flaxseeds) in this strawberry banana blueberry shake is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which may support cardiovascular health.
- Mood Enhancement: Bananas contain tryptophan, which can support serotonin production in the brain and potentially boost mood.
- Provides Sustained Energy: The mix of natural sugars, fibers, and healthy fats provides a balanced energy release without any crashes.
- Supports Weight Loss: The fiber content can promote satiety, potentially helping in appetite control.
- Skin Health: Antioxidants and vitamins in the fruits used can support a healthy complexion and potentially slow the effects of skin aging.
How To Make Low-Calorie Banana Berry Smoothie
You will need:
- Milled Linseeds (or chia seeds)
- Dairy Free Milk
This strawberry blueberry banana smoothie with fresh fruit comes out thick and so tasty. If you like your smoothies sweeter, feel free to add maple syrup.
To make this strawberry banana blueberry smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve and enjoy! I served mine with a bit of mint for extra freshness!
Recipe Variations: Choose What Best Works For Your Own Goals & Taste!
Everybody has different tastes and preferences, which is why I created several versions of this recipe.
Here are some variations of this recipe you can make:
- If you are not vegan and want to make this strawberry banana blueberry smoothie with yogurt, add a couple of tablespoons of unsweetened Greek yogurt as an extra ingredient.
- For an ultra-thick smoothie, use frozen fruit instead of fresh.
- For a high-protein version of this smoothie, add a scoop of protein powder. I like to use vanilla protein powder.
- If you don’t have flaxseeds to chia seeds, adding oats is also totally fine.
- If you love nuts, add a tablespoon of nut butter of your choice too.
I hope you like this refreshing easy healthy strawberry banana blueberry smoothie with almond milk. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop me a comment below. I am here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out my socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp of milled linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 1 cup of dairy free milk
- Carefully measure your ingredients as listed.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Best consumed straight away.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 30.2g
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Protein: 2.9g