Strawberry banana smoothies are one of my favorite smoothie types, which is why I developed a strawberry banana weight loss smoothie recipe, which I am so happy to share with you all.
The components of this smoothie overlap with some of the classic ones you would expect from a banana strawberry smoothie.
However, I made some tweaks so that the smoothie can suit individuals who are trying to lose weight.
Nevertheless, you will still get the taste you would normally get from this classic combination of bananas and strawberries.
Are Strawberry Banana Smoothies Good For People On a Diet?
When you are dieting, eating natural foods and being physically active is the best way to achieve the results you want.
Consuming a healthy strawberry banana smoothie is a great way to obtain essential nutrients, such as fiber and protein, which help support weight loss.
The way fiber and protein help weight loss is by promoting satiety and a feeling of fullness. This allows you to eat less, thus helping you achieve a calorific deficit which leads to fat loss.
Do note though, that although bananas and strawberries are good for you, in order to get the results you want from your smoothie, it’s important that you customize the smoothies well.
For example, adding too many added sugars in the form of syrups, will not make your smoothies healthy.
Always choose smoothies that are made with no added sugars and only contain clean natural ingredients.
General Benefits of Drinking Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Weight loss isn’t the only benefit you get from drinking a strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt for weight loss.
The smoothie offers so much more.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the benefits:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Antioxidants help combat oxidative stress and cell damage.
- High in Dietary Fiber: Supports digestion and can promote feelings of fullness.
- Aids in Muscle Repair & Growth: And overall body function. This is thanks to the protein content present in this shake.
- Boosts The Immune System: The smoothie contains vitamins like vitamin C and A, which help bolster the immune response.
- Bone Health: The use of Greek yogurt in this smoothie offers calcium and vitamin D, important for bone density and growth.
- Promotes Heart Health: I used chia seeds, which contain omega-3s. Omega-3s can support cardiovascular health.
- Energy Boost: The presence of a mix of macronutrients give sustained energy throughout the day.
- Anti-Inflammatory: The banana berry smoothie contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body.
Can I Drink a Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Every Day?
There are so many benefits to drinking a strawberry banana smoothie every day.
If you are someone who drinks sodas every day, for example, replacing them with a smoothie is a much healthier alternative.
It’s still a sweet drink, but instead, it contains numerous vitamins and minerals, along with macronutrients too.
How To Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie For Fat Loss
To make this refreshing healthy smoothie, you will need the following ingredients:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Bananas
- Greek Yogurt
- Almond Milk
- Chia Seeds
Blend until smooth. Serve this strawberry banana yogurt smoothie and enjoy!Print
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen banana chunks
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1 handful of spinach (washed)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 200 ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- Measure the ingredients carefully.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen fruit and spinach. Blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Best consumed straight away, however, you can take it with you and drink it on the go!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 14.6
- Fat: 7.9
- Carbohydrates: 31.7
- Fiber: 8.7
- Protein: 8.2