If you are diabetic, you know you will be limited to many choices.
However, with a bit of creativity and the right ingredient selection, you can pretty much replicate all your favorite recipes!
This strawberry smoothie for diabetics we have for you today is not only delicious but so nutritious too.
We have an uncle who has diabetes, and he gave us the thumbs-up of approval!
Are Strawberries OK For Diabetics?
Strawberries in small quantities are perfectly fine for diabetics.
They do contain sugar and carbs, which is why it’s best to consume them in small quantities.
Thanks to the high fiber content in strawberries, the fiber slows down digestion, which results in the prevention of blood glucose surges.
However, this smoothie doesn’t just contain strawberries, it contains other ingredients such as fat from the almonds and more fiber from the chia seeds, which slows down digestion even more.
Is Strawberry Shake Good For Diabetes?
Strawberry smoothies if done right, can be extremely beneficial for diabetics.
Strawberry shakes contain a great dose of vital nutrients your body needs.
They can also aid in weight loss, which is particularly important for people with diabetes. Losing weight can significantly improve one’s health.
How To Make a Strawberry Smoothie Recipe For Diabetics
You will need these ingredients:
The quantities and the ingredient selection were carefully selected to create breakfast smoothies suitable for diabetics.
To make this easy strawberry smoothie for diabetics – add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blend for about 3-4 minutes, until smooth.
Serve this strawberry smoothie immediately.
In case you may have different preferences, there are some swaps you can make in the ingredients.
- You can use any berry you like, just make sure you keep them the same quantity as listed, which is 1/2 cup.
- Instead of almond butter, you can use any nut butter of your choice, just make sure it’s unsweetened and made using 100% nuts, with no oils added.
- Instead of almond milk, you can use other dairy-free milk, just make sure it’s unsweetened.
We hope you like this easy and healthy strawberry smoothie for diabetics. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Breakfast Strawberry Smoothie For Diabetics
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup/75g ice cubes
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter unsweetened
- 200 ml almond milk unsweetened
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Add all your ingredients to into a high-speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!