As I am writing this watermelon smoothie for weight loss recipe to share with you all, it’s currently the summertime, and there is an abundance of watermelons!
Often, you will buy a big watermelon, eat a couple of slices from it, and end up having half a big watermelon to eat, so you will need inspiration to use it up creatively.
If you are someone who loves watermelons, and you are looking to lose weight, you should try this weight loss watermelon smoothie recipe I have for you today!
What Are The Benefits Of a Watermelon Smoothie?
Watermelon is a low-calorie fruit that is extremely good for our urinary tract and hydrating our bodies.
When you make a smoothie with watermelon, you will often put other healthy ingredients, which only further enhance the benefits.
Here’s a more in-depth breakdown of all the benefits of drinking a watermelon smoothie:
- Rich in Nutrients: Watermelon contains vitamins A and C, and antioxidants like lycopene, which are beneficial for skin and eye health.
- Dietary Fiber For a Healthy Digestion: Watermelon along with other ingredients typically used alongside watermelon in a smoothie, provides a good amount of fiber, which aids digestion and helps relieve constipation.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The antioxidants, such as lycopene and vitamin C, have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Good For Weight Loss: As a low-calorie, fat-free food, watermelon can be a satisfying treat that fits into a weight-loss diet.
- Natural Sweetness: Watermelon’s natural sweetness can reduce the need for added sugars, making the smoothie a healthier option.
- May Relief Symptoms Of UTIs: Watermelon is very hydtrating and watery, and it’s rich in vitamins, which may aid the symptoms of UTis.
How Does This Smoothie Help Weight Loss?
This smoothie alone has many benefits to weight loss, but it won’t magically help you lose weight, if you don’t change your lifestyle.
Losing weight is all about calories. Calories in vs out. The way this watermelon smoothie helps with weight loss, is by being low in calories, but also very filling.
Low-calorie, filling food can be great if you are trying to lose weight because it will help you cut down on snacking and overconsuming calories.
A serving of this homemade watermelon cucumber smoothie weight loss contains 181 calories per serving. Which is really low, especially if you are using this smoothie as a meal replacement.
Are Pineapple And Watermelon Smoothies Good For Weight Loss?
I used pineapple along with other ingredients in this weight loss melon smoothie.
So, is a pineapple and watermelon smoothie good for weight loss? Yes is the answer. They are both low-calorie vitamin-rich ingredients.
Although pineapple is slightly higher in calories than watermelon, it’s still relatively low in calories, but it’s also very filling too, which is good for weight loss!
But, just like the above statement, it’s all about your lifestyle, and ensuring that you are in a calorie deficit is the key to successful and long-term weight loss.
How To Make a Watermelon Smoothie For Fat Loss
To make this recipe, what you will need to do first, is gather your ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients, here are the ingredients you will need for this watermelon and banana smoothie for weight loss:
- Fresh Watermelon
- Frozen Banana Chunks
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Coconut Water
- Lime Juice
Once the ingredients are gathered, prepare them and measure them accordingly.
Then add them to a blender, and blend until smooth. For about 2-3 minutes, depending on how powerful your blender is.
Serve this watermelon and pineapple smoothie for weight loss and enjoy!
A full recipe breakdown can be found below in the recipe card!
Watermelon Smoothie for Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen mango
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger
- 1/3 tsp ground powdered turmeric
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 150 ml coconut milk from a carton unsweetened
- Prepare all your ingredients and measure them as listed in the ingredient list.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!