This is a delicious watermelon green smoothie that is full of healthy ingredients. A big hydrating boost as well as a nutrient boost in 1 drink.
This smoothie combines your classic green smoothie with fresh juicy watermelon which makes green smoothies taste so much better!
Health Benefits of Watermelon Spinach Smoothie
This tasty watermelon spinach smoothie has many health benefits like many green smoothies do.
This green smoothie with watermelon is vegan and gives you 4 out of your 5 a day in one drink!
Here are some of the main benefits of drinking this delicious watermelon veggie smoothie:
- Nutrient-Rich: This smoothie is packed with essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall wellness. The use of multiple different superfoods in this smoothie creates a very nutrient-dense smoothie.
- Antioxidants: Ingredients like spinach and watermelon contain antioxidants, which can help fight free radicals in the body.
- Alkalizing: The use of lime and cucumber in this smoothie has alkalizing effects, which can help balance your body’s pH levels.
- Skin Health: The vitamins and antioxidants in the ingredients can contribute to glowing, healthy skin.
- Energy Boosting: The natural sugars and nutrients can provide a great source of energy, ideal for kickstarting your day or refueling post-exercise.
- Diet Friendly: The watermelon smoothie is relatively low in calories, but it’s quite filling, making it good for weight management.
How To Make a Watermelon Green Smoothie
I love making watermelon smoothies because they are easy to blend, and are typically a great smoothie base since they are very watery and juicy.
To make this watermelon spinach cucumber smoothie, you will need these ingredients:
- Cold Water + Ice
Now, I want to leave room for you to make changes that fit your taste or the ingredients available to you right now at your home.
- If you like bananas and thicker smoothies, you can make a watermelon banana spinach smoothie recipe. Just add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen banana slices.
- For a berry version, you can add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice to your blender along with the other ingredients listed.
- If you don’t like or have avocado, you can use mango, pineapple, or banana instead of avocado. For a low-sugar avocado substitute, use 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- The spinach can be substituted for kale or other leafy greens you like more.
- You can also use frozen watermelon pieces if you like thicker smoothies.
More Watermelon Smoothie Recipes:
Healthy Watermelon Green Smoothie
- 1 cup/150g of watermelon sliced
- 1/2 avocado peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup/125ml of cold water
- 2-3 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 lime juice only
- 1 handful of washed spinach
- 2-3 ice cubes
- The method is simple; combine all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over extra ice and mint if you like, and serve!