This metabolism-boosting high protein 3-ingredients protein berry smoothie is the perfect way to start your day.
It’s easy, quick, tasty, and full of antioxidants. It’s not high in calories, but it’s really high on taste.
The Benefits Of Berry Protein Smoothie
One of the main benefit of this smoothie is that it obviously only needs 3 simple ingredients. On top of that, it’s also really good for you.
The 3 ingredients used are simple, healthy ingredients, which naturally means the smoothie will be nutrient-dense.
Here are some of the main benefits of this mixed berry protein smoothie:
- Protein Source: The protein powder adds a significant amount of protein to the smoothie, which can help with muscle repair and growth, as well as promoting a feeling of fullness.
- High In Antioxidants Thanks To The Berries: The berries are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals and support overall health.
- Fiber Content: The smoothie contains a good amount of fiber from the berries, promoting digestive health and helping to keep you feeling satisfied.
- Vitamins and Minerals: The drink provides vitamins like vitamin A and vitamin C from the berries, as well as minerals like calcium and potassium from the milk and berries.
- Hydration: The milk and frozen berries contribute to your daily fluid intake, helping to keep you hydrated.
- Convenience: The smoothie is quick and easy to prepare. It’s also a nutritious meal or snack, especially for those on the go or with a busy lifestyle.
- Customizable: You can customize the smoothie by adding other ingredients like greens (e.g., spinach or kale), flaxseeds, or a small amount of honey for added flavor and nutrition.
- Potential Weight Management: The protein and fiber content can help with satiety, potentially aiding in weight management or as a meal replacement option.
Ingredients To Make 3-Ingredient Berry Protein Smoothie
So what are the ingredients in this 3-ingredient protein shake?
They are simple, easy to find, and trust me, 3 ingredients is all you need to make a delicious smoothie!
#1. Protein Powder
Adding protein powder to your smoothies one of the easiest way to add lots of protein in your drinks.
Since I only used 3 ingredients, it’s very easy for one ingredient to overpower the others, which is why I used unsweetened and unflavored protein powder!
#2. Mixed Frozen Berries
Using frozen berries is key. Frozen fruit not only creates a more refreshing smoothie, but also helps thicken smoothies too.
If you are anything like me, then you probably like your smoothies thicker!
In my case, I used a mix of frozen berries, simply because I wanted to achieve more taste with minimal amount of ingredients
#3. Low Fat Milk
I like using low fat milk in my smoothies, not because I am trying to cut the calories of this smoothie down, but because lower fat milk has less flavour.
Less flavor means it won’t impact the flavor of the smoothie. You don’t want to taste a milky smoothie!
Recipe Variations & Tips
I wanted to keep things simple, which is why I only used 3 ingredient.
But, if you have the time, and want something more nutrient-dense, here is a list of ingredients that you can add to the smoothie that will work well:
- Add a handful of kale or spinach.
- Add a spoonful of nut butter.
- A tablespoon of oats can make the smoothie even thicker and more filling.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt if you are not vegan.
- Chia seed or flaxseeds can work very well in this smoothie too. A tablespoon is plenty.
- For a sweeter smoothie, add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.
More Berry Smoothie Recipes You May Want To Try
- Protein Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Blueberry Grapefruit Orange Smoothie
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie
3-Ingredients Protein Berry Smoothie
- 2 cups/460ml low fat milk I used non-dairy too, and it worked just fine!
- 2 scoops protein powder unsweetened and unflavored
- 4 cups/450g of mixed frozen berries of choice
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. If the blender struggles to blend, add a touch more liquid.
- Pour into 3 glasses. Enjoy!