Whey protein has got so many uses, one of the most popular ones is adding it to smoothies/protein shakes.
Sometimes it can be hard to get your protein with your normal meals, especially if you are hitting the gym.
Whey protein has got to be one of the most popular protein powders out there. It’s super high in protein, relatively cheap, and can be tasty.
Can You Put Whey Protein In Smoothies?
You can absolutely put whey protein in your smoothies. It’s a great way to boost the protein content of your smoothies.
Whey protein can also help thicken your smoothies, which is another amazing use of adding it to your smoothies.
There are many types of whey protein powders and flavors that can work well with your smoothies.
For example, if you are making a chocolate smoothie, add a scoop of chocolate whey protein for a boost of protein!
Is Whey Protein Smoothie Good For Weight Loss?
Whey protein smoothies can aid weight loss.
A whey protein smoothie can help you do that by keeping you feeling fuller for longer, thanks to the high protein content.
Protein intake is crucial to the success of your weight loss journey, as explained by Cleveland Clinic.
However, it’s important that you keep the calorie intake for the day low, in order to lose weight. This is also know as a calorie deficit.
Is a Whey Protein Smoothie Good For You?
A whey protein smoothie is good for you. One of the best benefits is the added protein. Protein is crucial to muscle recovery/building.
Not to mention that whey protein smoothie will also include adding fresh fruit and veg that also have a lot of health benefits.
Overall, if your body is fine with Whey protein powder, definitely consider adding it to your smoothies.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of drinking this specific whey protein shake recipe I am sharing with you today, here they are:
- Protein Boost: The whey protein powder contributes to muscle repair and growth, making this smoothie a good post-workout option.
- Quick Energy: The natural sugars in banana and dates provide quick carbohydrates for a burst of energy with no crashes.
- Fiber: Bananas and dates contain fiber that aids in digestion and helps keep you full longer.
- Healthy Fats: The nut butter used provides monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that are good for heart health.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Bananas are rich in potassium and other essential nutrients, while milk provides calcium and vitamin D.
- Antioxidants: Dates and honey contain antioxidants that help fight off free radicals and inflammation in the body.
How To Make Whey Protein Shake Recipe For Muscle Gain
One of the things I love about protein powders in general, is how easy they are to add to smoothies or shakes.
Making this protein smoothie couldn’t be easier.
You will need these ingredients:
- Whey Protein
- Peanut Butter
To make this whey protein shake – just add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
Recipe Variations And Substitutions:
I am going to leave some options for you to customize this smoothie to suit your taste and preferences.
These changes are optional. If you are happy with the ingredients I used in my recipe. then feel free to ignore these alternative ingredients you can use.
- If you don’t like dried fruit, don’t use dates entirely. The sweetness from the banana and honey is enough.
- You can substitute the peanut butter for healthier nut butters, such as almond butter or cashew butter.
- If you struggle to digest dairy milk directly, you can use milk alternatives, such as oat or almond milk.
- If you don’t like bananas, use frozen mango or pineapple. You can even use berries.
- You can use agave syrup or maple syrup instead of honey.
More Protein Smoothie Recipes You May Like:
Whey Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 scoop whey protein powder any flavor you like
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 3 dates pitted and soft
- 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter unsweetened
- 1 tsp of honey
- 250 ml milk low fat
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!