Bananas aren’t often associated with detoxing. However, they do contain a lot of benefits.
When you mix banana with detoxing ingredients, thats’ when you can achieve a great banana detox smoothie.
So, today, I did exactly that – I used bananas together with a few ingredients that are great for detoxing.
Can You Detox With Banana?
Bananas are loaded with valuable nutrients and also possess detoxifying properties, like helping to cleanse your system and promote healthy intestinal function.
They are a good source of vitamins and potassium, which positively influence metabolic processes and the health of your skin.
However, for better detoxing results, it’s always best to mix bananas with more powerful detoxing ingredients.
The Benefits Of Banana Detox Smoothie
The smoothie is detoxing, but what exactly does it help with and what benefits can you expect?
Since I intentionally used other ingredients that can further help the detoxing process, but also have many other health benefits, this banana smoothie smoothie has a lot to offer!
Here are the main ones:
- Rich in Antioxidants: The matcha and berries used in this banana shake provide a good dose of antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress.
- Boosts Immunity: Thanks to the Vitamin C from some of the ingredients, it helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Rich in Vitamins: Contains various essential vitamins from the ingredients used, which promote overall health.
- Metabolism Boost: Matcha contains some caffeine, which can help boost metabolism and provide a gentle lift in energy levels.
- High in Fiber: Bananas contribute to the overall fiber content of the smoothie, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Boosts Mood: Bananas contain tryptophan, which can help in the production of serotonin, a mood-enhancing hormone.
- Contains General Detox Properties: The high fiber content, the antioxidants, and the many more properties can contribute to the overall detoxification in the body.
- May Aid Weight Loss: This banana smoothie is good for weight loss thanks to high fiber content which promotes satiety and metabolism boosting properties from the matcha.
How to Make a Banana Detox Smoothie
I carefully selected the ingredients, so that they not only work well in harmony with the banana, but also offer their own set of detox benefits.
You will need these ingredients to make this strawberry banana detox smoothie:
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 handful of kale
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Add the frozen fruit and milk first to your blender or nutribullet, then followed with the rest of the ingredients.
Blend for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
Serve the detox smoothie and enjoy!
Optional Substitutions And Variations Of This Detox Drink
I made a couple of variations of this detox drink, so I am going to leave some of the variations in ingredients I used.
You may find that these swaps will work better for your palate!
- If you don’t have matcha, you can use specialized detox smoothie powders, or you can just replace it altogether for oats or dark cacao powder.
- The strawberries can be substituted for any other berry you like. Blueberry can work great in this banana smoothie for detox.
- For a more tropical and fresh tasting smoothie, use coconut water instead of almond milk.
- If you don’t have chia seeds at home, using flaxseeds or oats is totally fine. Even nut butter can work, the quantitate are the same; 1 tablespoon.
Banana Detox Smoothie
- 1 Blender I used this one
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1 handful of kale
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup/230ml almond milk unsweetened
- Prepare and measure the ingredients as listed.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen strawberries, bananas and milk. Blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!