This carrot savory smoothie bowl with toasted nuts recipe is loaded with goodness, it’s easy to make and so filling & satisfying.
Who said that smoothies bowls should only be sweet? – In fact, it can even be healthier to have savory smoothie bowls!
The sweet smoothie bowls contain too much sugar (even if it’s all fruit sugar, it’s still sugar), and they are loaded with carbs.
Savory smoothie bowls tend to release energy slowly and keep you full for longer. No spikes in sugar or energy.
I am definitely not saying that sweet smoothie bowls are unhealthy, but if you are looking at cutting down carbs consumption a bit and reducing sugar, a savory smoothie bowl is all you need!
This anti-inflammatory smoothie bowl recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free!
It’s done in less than 25 minutes and can be consumed warm or cold.
Benefits of Savory Smoothie Bowl
This savory smoothie bowl is ideal for people who prefer savory food rather than sweet, even in smoothie bowls.
This smoothie bowl is great for weight loss too, due to its low-calorie content. Nothing beats a delicious weight loss smoothie bowl, that you know is good for you!
Other benefits include:
- It’s Low Sugar
- It’s Diabetic Friendly
- The Smoothie Bowl Is Rich In Vitamins
- Promotes Eye Health
- Weight Management
- Regulate Blood Pressure
- Supports Heart Health
How To Make Savoury Smoothie Bowl:
You will need:
2. Vegetable Stock
4. Mixed Nuts or seeds for a nut-free recipe.
To make this savory smoothie – the carrots are peeled, diced, and boiled or steamed until soft.
Once the carrots are cooked, they are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed with turmeric and vegetable stock.
Get a pan really hot – then add the chosen mixed nuts of your choice to it, and toast them with a touch of salt.
That’s it! Easy peasy!
A full breakdown of the recipe is below!
Optional Variations Of This Creamy Smoothie
If you have savory smoothie ideas and have preferences and ingredients you like more than others, I will leave a couple of options to change this recipe a bit, and make it more suitable for your tastes!
Here are some of the options:
- Instead of carrots, you can use sweet potatoes. The use of sweet potato will make your bowl much sweeter than carrots, but it will still be relatively low in sugar.
- You can easily replace the vegetable stock with dairy-free milk. Coconut milk for example can add creaminess and flavor.
- You can add more toppings if you like, for example, granola on top could be crunchy and satisfying.
Remember, these are optional substitutions you can make to this savory smoothie.
More Smoothie Bowl Recipes:
I hope you like this carrot savory smoothie bowl with toasted nuts recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop me a comment below. I am here to learn, just like you.
Carrot Savory Smoothie Bowl With Toasted Nuts
- For The Smoothie:
- 2 1/3 cups/350g of carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup/120ml of vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- pinch of salt
- For the nuts:
- 3 tbsp of mixed nuts or seeds of choice
- pinch of salt
- The carrots are peeled, diced, and boiled or steamed until soft.
- Once the carrots are cooked, they are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed with the turmeric, salt and vegetable stock until completely smooth.
- Get a pan really hot - then add the chosen mixed nuts of your choice to it, and toast them with a touch of salt.
- Add the creamy carrot smoothie to a bowl, and top with the toasted nuts.