This Carrot Savory Smoothie Bowl With Toasted Nuts recipe is loaded with goodness, it’s easy to make and so filling & satisfying.
Who said that smoothies bowls should only be sweet? – In fact, it can even be healthier to have savory smoothie bowls!
The sweet smoothie bowls contain too much sugar (even if it’s all fruit sugar, it’s still sugar), and they are loaded with carbs.
Savory smoothies bowls tend to release energy slowly and keep you full for longer. No spikes in sugar or energy.
We are definitely not saying that sweet smoothie bowls are unhealthy, but if you are looking at cutting down carbs a bit and reducing sugar, a savory smoothie bowl is all you need!
This anti-inflammatory smoothie bowl recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free!
It’s done in less than 25 minutes and can be consumed warm or cold.
How To Make Savoury Smoothie Bowl:
You will need:
2. Vegetable Stock
4. Mixed Nuts or seeds for a nut-free recipe.
The carrots are peeled, diced, and boiled or steamed until soft.
Once the carrots are cooked, they are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed with the turmeric and vegetable stock.
Get a pan really hot – then add the chosen mixed nuts of your choice to it, and toast them with a touch of salt.
That’s it! Easy peasy!
A full breakdown of the recipe is below!
More Smoothie Bowl Recipes:
We hope you like this Carrot Savory Smoothie Bowl With Toasted Nuts recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Carrot Savory Smoothie Bowl With Toasted Nuts
- For The Smoothie:
- 2 1/3 cups/350g of carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup/120ml of vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- pinch of salt
- For the nuts:
- 3 tbsp of mixed nuts or seeds of choice
- pinch of salt
- The carrots are peeled, diced, and boiled or steamed until soft.
- Once the carrots are cooked, they are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed with the turmeric, salt and vegetable stock until completely smooth.
- Get a pan really hot - then add the chosen mixed nuts of your choice to it, and toast them with a touch of salt.
- Add the creamy carrot smoothie to a bowl, and top with the toasted nuts.