I am sharing a slightly different smoothie recipe, it is a cayenne pepper smoothie recipe!
Sometimes you need to spice up your life a little. And what better way to do it, than through your food?
There is something very unique about hot spices and food. It’s a strange feeling, borderline painful, but in a way enjoyable.
If you’ve never tried drinking a spicy drink before, now it’s time that you do! You will love it, I promise.
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper Smoothie
What does cayenne pepper do in a smoothie? Eating or drinking spicy stuff can be beneficial to you. Capsaicin can help your sinuses, and boost your metabolism and your immune system.
Cayenne pepper also helps with weight loss, thanks to its metabolism-boosting properties, but it’s also great against colds and flu.
Here’s a more in-depth overview of the benefits of a cayenne pepper smoothie:
- Supports Digestive Health: The smoothie overall aids digestion, and cayenne pepper in particular stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices, aiding the body’s ability to metabolize food.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Cayenne pepper has strong anti-inflammatory effects, helping to reduce pain and inflammation throughout the body.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Both cayenne pepper and other ingredients used in the smoothie offer a robust dose of antioxidants, which can help combat free radicals and promote overall health.
- Enhances Nutrient Absorption: Cayenne pepper may help enhance the absorption of other nutrients in the body, thereby maximizing the benefits of other healthy ingredients used in the smoothie.
- Immune System Support: Cayenne pepper can strengthen the immune system with its rich vitamin content, including Vitamin C, making the body more resilient against illnesses.
- Energizing Effects: The smoothie provides a balanced source of energy, with cayenne pepper stimulating thermogenesis, giving a feeling of warmth and a boost of energy.
How Much Cayenne Pepper to Put In a Smoothie?
When you are making a cayenne smoothie, you want to make sure you get the right quantities in. Too much, and you will be drinking an overwhemely hot smoothie, which isn’t pleasant.
Too little, and you won’t taste the gentle heat.
Using the right amount of cayenne is also important so you can yield benefits from it.
There is generally no right amount of cayenne pepper you should be putting, because everybody is different, and have different taste and spice tolerance.
But, I recommend that you start with a 1/4 tsp, and add more from there. Taste as you go and identify how much is your perfect amount.
I personally always go for a 1/3 teaspoon per smoothie serving. This amount works great for me.
How To Make Smoothie Recipe With Cayenne Pepper:
You will need:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Peanut Butter
To make this cayenne pepper green smoothie, you will just need to add all your ingredients to a Vitamix blender and blend until smooth.
I always like to start with my leafy greens, then I follow with the rest of the ingredients. This is also called smoothie layering.
But honestly, if you have a powerful blender, layering isn’t as important.
I hope you enjoy this cayenne pepper smoothie for weight loss!
We hope you like this refreshing nutritious smoothie cayenne pepper recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Cayenne Pepper Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1/2 cup/125ml of dairy-free milk
- 1/3 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 small handful of spinach washed
- Prepare the ingredients as described.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!