If you have a cough or your chest is irritated then you should try this natural remedy – a lung detox drink that can help relieve the symptoms.
However, this drink can also help detox your lungs as a whole; if you are a smoker for example, drinking this lung detox smoothie can help the healing process of your lungs.
Benefits Of Drinking Lung Detox Smoothie
If you are looking for natural lung detox remedies, the recipe I am sharing with you today can aid the detoxification in your lungs.
Do note though, that this drink may not work for everyone. It is not an overnight cure. You will need to make lifestyle changes along with drinking this beverage to see positive results.
Nevertheless, this drink offers so much more than clearing your lungs.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of this detox smoothie:
- Anti-inflammatory Properties for Respiratory Health: Both turmeric and ginger are known for their potent anti-inflammatory effects, which can be beneficial in reducing inflammation in the respiratory system.
- Antioxidant Protection: Green tea, apples, and pineapple used in the drink are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants can protect lung tissue from the harmful effects of free radicals and environmental pollutants.
- Breaks Mucus: Ginger can act as a natural expectorant, which may help in loosening and expelling mucus from the lungs.
- Improved Blood Circulation: Green tea can enhance blood circulation, ensuring that the lungs receive adequate oxygen-rich blood, and promoting better lung function.
- Lung Tissue Repair: The vitamin C found in apples and pineapples can aid in the repair of lung tissue, especially for former smokers or those exposed to pollutants.
- Relaxes The Muscles In The Lungs: Some compounds in green tea can act as natural bronchodilators, potentially helping to open up airways and making breathing easier.
- Digestive Health: Ginger is known for its ability to help with digestion, potentially easing stomach discomfort and promoting gut health. The presence of fiber in this drink further enhances digestive benefits.
- Skin Health: The vitamin C from the apples and pineapples can contribute to radiant skin and may help with skin repair.
Lung Cleanse Drink Ingredients
After researching extensively, I learned what the best ingredients are that can help with detoxing your lungs; whether you need a smoker’s detox, vaping, pollution, or from the flu, this drink has all the benefits.
I am going to break down each ingredient I used to make this lung detox juice.
According to the National Institutes Of Health, ginger reduces lung damage and protects the lungs from severe damage due to hyperoxia and inflammation.
Ginger offers many other benefits too, along with lung detox.
#2. Green Tea
The presence of antioxidants in green tea plays a vital role in the detox process of your lungs.
Green tea makes a great detoxing drink, thanks to the abundance of benefits it offers.
It’s also a great liquid smoothie base, it’s low in calories and provides nice flavor to your drinks.
Apples just like green tea are high in antioxidants. Furthermore, they contain fiber and Vitamin C too.
But they also help sweeten this drink. As long as you want this drink good for you, you still want it tasty!
Pineapple also contains antioxidants also known as flavonoids and phenolic acids. But it’s also very sweet too, making this drink much tastier and more enjoyable to drink.
Furthermore, pineapple contains an enzyme also known as Bromelain, which helps your digestion.
#5. Turmeric & Black Pepper
The Curcumin found in turmeric may help improve your lung function, by reducing inflammation in the airways.
The use of black pepper is crucial; black pepper helps activate the properties of turmeric.
It allows your body to absorb Curcumin by hundreds of percentage increase.
#6. Brazil Nuts
When I was doing research on the best ingredients that I could use in this detox drink for lungs, I came across Brazillian nuts.
According to research, brazil nuts are rich in Selenium, this mineral fights inflammation and lung cancer and may improve immunity and respiratory functions.
Do note though, that you only need a small amount of Selenium, too much of it and you will get some nasty side effects.
This is why I only used 2 Brazil nuts in this drink which provides you with the perfect amount of Selenium
#7. Greek Yogurt
Yogurt is great for many different reasons. But one of the main reasons why I used it, is to give this drink more creaminess.
Furthermore, when you are doing a big detox in your body, you want to look after your body as a whole.
Yogurt is rich in gut-friendly bacteria, and as we all know, keeping our gut healthy is so important.
How To Make a Lung Detox Drink At Home
There are a few different ways you can make this drink.
If you only want the juice part of this beverage, then when you blend all your ingredients together, pass them through a sieve or a cheesecloth so you can remove the pulp, and only get the juice.
I recommend that you do not drink the juice only. Once everything is blended, drink the beverage as it is, because all the pulp contains many compounds such as fiber.
Here’s how to make this drink:
- Brew the green tea with the sliced ginger. Let it cool. Discard the ginger, unless you want it extra-gingery, then keep one of the slices.
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve this pineapple detox drink and drink immediately.
- 1 cup brewed green tea (unsweetened)
- 3–4 slices of ginger root (brewed with the green tea (see video)
- 1 apple (cored and sliced)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 brazil nuts (chopped)
- 1/3 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper (to activate the turmeric)
- Brew the green tea (I used a teabag) with the slices of ginger and 200 ml of warm water.
- Let the brewed tea cool completely. For about an hour.
- Discard the ginger slices or keep one of them, if you don’t mind the ginger taste.
- Once the ingredients have been prepared, add them all to a high-speed blender, and blitz for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Drink this lung detox drink twice a day for the best results; once in the morning and once before bed.
Best consumed straight away once it’s made.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 31
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 5.7
- Protein: 6
Keywords: detox drinks, detox recipes, detox smoothie, lung detox, lung detox drink, lung detox smoothie
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Smoothies Good For Detoxing Lungs?
Smoothies can help the process of detoxing your lungs, but it’s important that when you make smoothies specifically to detox your lungs, choose ingredients that can naturally help your lungs. So although smoothies can help detox your lungs, not all smoothies will. Picking the right smoothie made with the right ingredients is key.
What Smoothies Are Good For Detoxing The Lungs?
Green smoothies generally are the best for detoxing your lungs. They typically contain leafy greens and other ingredients that are really beneficial for your lungs. Other smoothies include: Apple Smoothies, Peppermint Smoothies, Berry Smoothies, Citrus Smoothies, Ginger Smoothies, Honey Smoothies However, smoothies alone won’t necessarily remove years of damage. They can certainly help the process, but you will need to make lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking for example.