Cherries are incredibly delicious, but they can also help with weight loss.
This is why we have a cherry smoothie for weight loss recipe for you today!
What Are The Benefits Of Cherries In a Smoothie?
Cherries have a lot of health benefits.
They are not just delicious, but they contain an abundance of nutrients essential to your body.
Let’s break down the benefits of cherries in a smoothie a bit more:
- Provide Antioxidants
- Promote Feelings of Fullness
- Aid Weight Loss
- Contain Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Support overall health
- Support Healthy Digestion
- Battle Constipation
- Satisfy Sweet Cravings
- Exercise Recovery
- Rich In Melatonin Which Aids Sleep Quality
Are Cherries Good For Weight Loss?
Cherries can aid weight loss as they are low in calories, high in fiber, and can help create a feeling of fullness.
Additionally, cherries are rich in antioxidants and contain anti-inflammatory compounds, which can support overall health and potentially reduce inflammation that could hinder weight loss progress.
Lastly, incorporating cherry smoothies into a balanced and varied diet can be a nutritious alternative to high-calorie snacks or desserts, helping to satisfy cravings and reduce overall calorie intake.
How Many Calories Are In a Cherry Smoothie?
Losing weight successfully means consuming fewer calories in order to achieve a calorific deficit as stated by the MayoClinic.
So, it is key that you monitor your calorie intake for the day.
And for that reason, we have the calorie breakdown of our homemade cherry smoothie for weight loss.
Here is the macro breakdown per serving of a cherry smoothie:
- Calories: 249
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Of which sugars: 11.1g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 23.1g
- Fat: 10g
The reason why the protein content is high is because we used protein powder in our homemade cherry smoothie.
However, if you don’t use protein powder, then the typical protein content would vary between 3g to 9g of protein depending on the ingredients used.
How To Make Cherry Greek Yogurt Smoothie For Weight Loss
You will need:
- Frozen Pitted Cherries
- Protein Powder
- Coconut Milk
- Cacao Powder
- Greek Yogurt
To make this banana cherry smoothie for weight loss – add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes.
Potential Substitutions You Can Make:
In case you don’t like certain ingredients or don’t have them, here are some other options for you:
- If you are vegan, use vegan yogurt and vegan protein powder.
- In case you don’t feel like eating chocolate, substitute the cacao powder for oats or chia seeds.
- Instead of protein powder, you can add nut butter, but this won’t contribute to the same amount of protein content.
We hope you like this creamy and easy cherry smoothie without banana for weight loss. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Cherry Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 small scoop of protein powder unsweetened
- 150 ml of coconut milk from a carton unsweetened
- Add all your ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!