Quinoa smoothie, a simple and filling smoothie made with superfood whole grains.
Quinoa is an excellent source of complex carbs, fiber, and plant protein, making a much healthier alternative to protein powder.
*Scroll past the recipe to find useful recipe tips and the benefits of this smoothie if you want to.*
Easy Quinoa Smoothie (Weight Loss)
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 3 tbsp uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 cup/250ml of dairy free milk unsweetened
- Boil/steam the uncooked quinoa, then cool and drain the water.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the avocado and quinoa, followed by the other ingredients.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Serve and drink up!
Can You Put Quinoa In a Smoothie?
You can absolutely add quinoa to your smoothies.
You can also use both uncooked and cooked quinoa in smoothies.
If you are someone who is trying to eat healthier, and you have heard of quinoa, and you want to add it to your diet, what better way to do that than add it to your smoothie?
Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and plant-based, making it suitable for any diet.
Is Quinoa Good For Protein Shakes?
Yes quinoa works very well in protein shakes, however, preferably use cooked quinoa in your protein shakes.
Quinoa is a grain that’s quite high in protein, making it a great addition to your protein shakes.
Not to mention that quinoa is also high in fiber, and complex carbs, which helps make your shakes and smoothies very nutritious.
Benefits Of Quinoa Smoothie
The smoothie contains minimal ingredients, but provides lots of benefits.
Here’s an overview of the benefits of this quinoa vegan shake:
- Nutrient-Rich: It’s packed with essential nutrients from the avocado, quinoa, and cocoa powder.
- Rich In Healthy Fats: The avocado contributes healthy monounsaturated fats, which are good for heart health.
- Protein Boost: Quinoa adds a protein boost, aiding in muscle repair and keeping you feeling full.
- Antioxidant Power: Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants, promoting overall health and well-being.
- It’s Dairy-Free & Vegan: The drink is suitable for those with lactose intolerance or following a vegan diet.
- Fiber-Rich: The combination of ingredients offers a good dose of dietary fiber, supporting digestive health.
- Promotes Satiety: The healthy fats and protein content contribute to a satisfying and filling drink, which can help with weight-loss.
- Rich In Micronutrients: Provides various vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium from the ingredients.
What Does This Quinoa Weight Loss Smoothie Taste Like?
You are probably wondering the same thing I did when I was first developing this chocolate quinoa smoothie recipe.
No, this smoothie does not taste like quinoa, quite the opposite; it’s very hard to tell there is quinoa in the smoothie!
The smoothie tastes creamy with a hint of nuttiness from the quinoa.
It’s a bit sweet, thanks to the maple syrup, and has a yummy chocolate kick from the cocoa powder used in the recipe.
Each sip is like a simple joy – smooth and tasty, with creamy, nutty, sweet, and chocolatey vibes all coming together.
Optional Variations Of This Smoothie Recipe
There are some variations of this smoothie that you can make, but these are optional.
After making this recipe several times, I wanted to test some other variations.
Here are the tested options that work well:
- If you are in a rush and don’t have time to cool cooked quinoa, you can use uncooked quinoa. Sprouted quinoa is the best.
- If you don’t like chocolate, you can add a tablespoon of nut butter instead of cocoa powder.
- For a sweeter smoothie, you can substitute the avocado for a sweet fruit of choice, such as banana, mango, or pineapple.
- For a more fruity smoothie, add 1/2 cup of frozen berries of choice. You will just need to adjust the liquid by adding more.