If you love figs and want to lose weight, then you must try this fig smoothie for weight loss we have for you today!
The smoothie is thick, smooth, sweet and so good for you. It’s also suitable for a vegan diet.
Is Fig Shake Good For Weight Loss?
Fig smoothies are good for weight loss because figs contain fiber. Fiber is crucial for promoting satiety and fullness, making you eat less throughout the day.
On average, 4-5 dried figs will provide you with over 5g of dietary fiber, which is 20% of the DV.
Another reason why figs are good for weight loss is the fact that they help curb cravings. Figs are sweet, making them a healthier alternative to other processed sugary food.
How To Eat Figs For Weight Loss?
Figs can be a great addition to your diet if you are trying to lose weight.
Eating 3-4 figs a day, whether you add them to your smoothies or oatmeal can be great for weight loss!
Do note though, that simply eating figs alone, without carefully monitoring the content and quantity of the rest of your daily food intake, will not facilitate weight loss.
However, figs are high in fiber, which helps you feel full for longer. Satiety can be great if you are trying to lose weight because you won’t feel as hungry, and snack more.
How Many Figs Should I Eat a Day To Lose Weight?
Figs can be really good for us, but they are high in sugar. So, keeping their consumption to a minimum is important.
For that reason, if you are trying to lose weight, consuming between 2-5 figs a day is more than enough.
This amount of figs is perfect to give you the fiber you need to feel full for hours.
Benefits Of Fig Smoothie
Weight loss isn’t the only benefit figs have, they are also great for battling constipation and detoxing your body.
But, let’s take a thorough look at all the health benefits of this dried fig smoothie as a whole:
- Digestive Health
- A Source Of Minerals (calcium, potassium, and magnesium)
- High Vitamins (Vitamin C & B)
- Provides Stable Energy
- Contains Healthy Fats
How To Make Fig Smoothie For Weight Loss
You will need:
- Dried Figs
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Milk
The method of making this fig peanut butter smoothie is simple.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend for about 4-5 minutes, until smooth.
For best results, drink this smoothie for breakfast as a meal replacement.
If you need to use different ingredients for whatever reason, here are some options:
- For a fig smoothie with no banana, use mango instead of bananas.
- If you struggle to digest oats, you can use chia seeds or flaxseeds instead.
- For a peanut butter alternative, use almond butter.
- You can also use fresh figs instead of dried ones.
We hope you like this creamy and easy dried fig smoothie for weight loss recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Fig Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 2-3 dried figs stems removed
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana chunks
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp peanut butter unsweetened
- 200 ml almond milk unsweetened
- If the figs are too dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, and drain them.
- Remove the stems from the figs.
- Add all your ingredients to into a high-speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!