Avocados are widely consumed by health fanatics and of course, people who want to lose weight.
However, avocados are actually quite high in calories, meaning that you have to be smart when you consume them for weight loss. Too much avocado can actually make you gain weight.
Do Avocados Help You Lose Weight?
Is avocado shake good for weight loss?
The good thing about avocados is the fact that they are quite fatty (in a good way!), so they keep you feeling fuller for longer, which results in you eating less throughout the day.
So technically, yes, avocados can help you lose weight, however, you have to make sure that you eat a reasonable amount of food, nothing too excessive throughout the day, otherwise, you may not end up losing weight, in fact, you may even gain weight if you don’t watch what you eat.
If you are looking for avocado recipes for weight loss, what better recipe than a smoothie? it’s easy and it’s so tasty!
Is Drinking Avocado Smoothie Good For You?
Avocado smoothies are incredibly good for you. They contain healthy fat, fiber, and many essential nutrients.
If you use other good-for-you ingredients with your avocados to make a smoothie, that will allow you to create the ultimate healthy smoothie.
Avocados also add creaminess to your smoothies. Furthermore, avocados also help thicken your smoothies in an extremely healthy way.
Here is a more thorough breakdown of the health benefits of avocado smoothies:
- Supports a Healthy Heart
- Aids Weight Loss
- Promoting Satiety
- Aiding a Healthy Digestion
- Fights Bloating
- Supports Eye Health
- Supports a Healthy Skin
And many, many others!
How Does Our Avocado Smoothie Recipe Help With Weight Loss?
When it comes to creating weight loss smoothies, the main thing you need to consider is the calories in the smoothie.
Next, the ingredient combination. You want a tasty smoothie, but also, a smoothie that contains nutritious ingredients that will aid weight loss.
Here are the ingredients we used in this avocado shake for weight loss:
- Avocado – the healthy fat in the avocados is wonderful for satiating you and keeping you feeling full for hours.
- Chia Seeds – chia seeds are high in fiber and protein, both of these nutrients are key to promoting fullness and satiety.
- Blueberries – blueberries have been linked to helping fat loss, especially in the belly area. But weight loss is just one of the few benefits they offer.
- Dates – thanks to the high amount of fiber present in dates, they can promote the feeling of fullness, and thanks to their sweetness, help curb sugar cravings.
- Coconut Water – coconut water is a low-calorie liquid to add to your smoothies. Which is particularly useful in weight loss smoothies.
How To Make Avocado Berry Smoothie For Weight Loss
You will need:
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Water
A super easy slimming avocado smoothie, made with only a handful of ingredients. It’s so good for you, and it tastes absolutely delicious!
To make this avocado smoothie for weight loss – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve with ice if you like, and we hope you enjoy it!
In case you dislikes some ingredient, or do not have them at hand, you can make the following substitutions:
- You don’t have to use blueberries, you can use any other berry of choice.
- Instead of coconut water, you can use dairy-free milk of choice, such as unsweetened almond milk.
- Instead of dates, you can use any other dried fruit you like, or alternatively, substitute the dates completely, and add a handful of fruit of choice.
We hope you like this refreshing easy healthy fat burning avocado smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Avocado Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender
- 1/4 large avocado pitted and skin removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2/75g of blueberries
- 2 dates pitted
- 1 cup/250ml almond milk
- Once you have prepped the avocados and washed the grapes, combine all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.