Look, it’s no secret that not many people have a blender at home. So, if you are wondering how to make a fruit smoothie with a hand blender you have come to the right place.
Based on a survey we made, people are more likely to have a hand blender at home than a blender. So, naturally, we had to create a recipe for a smoothie made with a hand blender.
Can You Make a Smoothie With a Hand Blender
Making a smoothie with hand blender can be a bit tricky…not to mention messy! But, you can absolutely make a smoothie using a hand blender.
The problem with making smoothies with a hand blender is the fact that you will never be able to achieve that smooth consistency the electric blender achieves.
However, the secret to making a smoothie with a hand blender is to use fruits that are easy to break down. We kept our smoothie a bit chunky because we don’t mind the chunk, we added a bit of chopped fresh mint, but this is optional.
This banana smoothie with hand blender is totally dairy-free and vegan friendly too, by the way!
How To Make a Smoothie With a Hand Blender
You will need:
1. Ripe Banana
2. Ripe Raspberries
3. Smooth Peanut Butter
4. Coconut Water
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, then put the hand blender on top, cover the bowl (making sure that the hand blender is inside the bowl) and start blitzing with the hand blender.
The reason we covered the bowl with a towel, is because it can get a bit messy when you blitz the ingredients with the hand blender.
1. Can You Blend Ice With a Hand Blender?
Not all hand blenders can crush ice. So make sure you hand blender is quite powerful before you attempt to crush ice with it.
2. Can You Use a Hand Blender For Protein Shakes?
You can absolutely use a hand blender to make protein shakes. Just make sure you add easy-to-break ingredients. Bananas, powders, and ripe fruit should be fine.
3. What Can You Blend With a Hand Blender?
Soups, smoothies, hummus, puree, pesto, etc.
4. Can a Hand Blender Crush Frozen Fruit?
You can, but you will need to have a powerful hand blender. Breaking down frozen fruit can be hard for blenders, let alone hand blenders.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing nutritious healthy smoothie made with a hand blender. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Hand Blender Smoothie (Recipe Included)
- 1 Hand Blender
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup/75g of rosperries mashed
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/125ml of coconut water
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, then put the hand blender on top, and cover the bowl with a towel (making sure that the hand blender is inside the bowl) and start blitzing with the hand blender.
- The reason we covered the bowl with a towel, is because it can get a bit messy when you blitz the ingredients with the hand blender.
- Once it's blended up nicely, serve and enjoy!