If you are looking to boost your heart health, the best place you can start is your diet.
Incorporating smoothies is a wonderful way to incorporate fresh heart-healthy food which will help boost your heart health.
The standard Western diet barely involves consuming fresh fruit and vegetables. The majority of the calories consumed come from highly processed food.
This diet is not only bad for your health, but for your overall health as well.
So, if you are someone who is on a typical Western diet, incorporating a fresh smoothie can do so much good for your body.
Why Is This Smoothie Recipe Heart Healthy?
Every single ingredient chosen in this good for your heart smoothie recipe has been selected based on real research done behind it.
We have used ingredients that have been researched and proven to support healthy heart function.
We read tons of information from places such as Healthline, WebMD, and many more.
So, here are the ingredients used in this smoothie:
- Bananas – bananas contain a cocktail of properties that support heart health. These include – potassium, fiber, folate, and antioxidants.
- Blueberries – the main strong benefit of blueberries to your heart is the high amount of antioxidants that blueberries have. Antioxidants are linked to reducing levels of oxidized LDL.
- Walnuts – thanks to the unsaturated fats that walnuts contain, they can help lower your bad cholesterol.
- Spinach – spinach is an excellent source of inorganic nitrate which according to studies, it may help lower the chances of getting heart diseases.
- Green Tea – the strong presence of antioxidants such as epigallocatechin gallate, may help prevent any build-up in your arteries, as well as lowering your cholesterol.
The smoothie is also going to help you with weight loss. According to the Imperial College Of London, being overweight or obese can dramatically increase the risk of heart disease.
So, as part of your journey of improving your heart health, improve your weight in the process too!
How To Make a Heart Healthy Smoothie
- Frozen Banana Chunks
- Frozen Blueberries
- Green Tea
To make these heart healthy smoothies for weight loss, you will need to brew your green tea first and let it cool completely.
Then – add all of your ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes.
We hope you like this easy heart healthy smoothie for weight loss. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Heart Healthy Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen blueberries
- 1 handful of walnut halves
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 200 ml brewed cooled green tea unsweetened
- Brew the green tea in 200ml of hot water, and cool the tea completely.
- Once the tea is cooled, add all your ingredients to into a high-speed blender.
- Blitz until smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!